About the opportunity
Do you thrive in the pursuit of selling environmental consulting services within the power and generation markets? Do you enjoy leading a team of professionals in the establishment and subsequent growth of sales, revenue, and brand within that market? SWCA is experiencing amazing growth and is seeking a Senior Business Development Director for our Renewable Energy Generation business practice (HR Title = Business Line Director). This position will service the company nationwide, both for private and public sector clients, while providing strategic thought leadership and direction for SWCA’s Generation business objectives.
Please include a Letter of Interest (cover letter) with your application.
The position will close COB Friday 6.15.2023.
Our Vision (the North Star), Core Values, and Purpose: Help drive SWCA to be the best workplace and industry leader in sustainability, bringing sound science and creative solutions to global environmental challenges while maintaining a dedication to employee-ownership.
We are #OneSWCA and collaborate across all our offices, programs, and disciplines. We are #AlwaysLearning, we #NeverSettle and we #GiveBack. We are 100% employee-owned, and we build our success together. It is imperative for the successful candidate to fit SWCA's unique culture. Do you appreciate sustainability and environmental awareness? Is giving back to your community a priority? SWCA is a team of scientists, planners, technical experts, and corporate services professionals that are committed to our culture.
What you will accomplish
- Lead the development of SWCA’s nation-wide generation strategy, in collaboration with leadership in Client Services and our regional structure
- Sell the business across strategic generation (renewables) markets including solar, battery storage, on and offshore wind
- Ensure a pipeline of robust opportunity funnel and fully vet all major opportunities – including leading, managing, writing and/or reviewing major proposal efforts
- Lead and/or manage opportunity-specific sales and marketing teams; tasks include opportunity identification and evaluation, project development, and proposal and presentation preparation; and seamless hand-off to the project/program management team.
- Annual planning and alignment of generation business lines with overall corporate growth goals
- Develop teaming partners – both prime and sub – to meet pursuit goals
- Identify, lead, and support initiatives for enhanced business development performance and efficiencies for continued growth. This includes marketing and branding activities, website content, pursuit tracking, and increased sales efficiencies
- Business development mentoring across the organization including leading national and regional working group calls
- Lead, organize and attend conferences and support industry working groups
- Work closely with SWCA’s resource scientists, environmental planners, managers, and directors in both natural and cultural resources groups throughout the company to promote SWCA’s business interests in adherence to its mission, vision, and values
Experience and qualifications for success
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree required; Master's degree preferred
- A minimum of ten (10) years of experience with the generation markets required; includes experience with client development, proposal and interview preparation, and bid preparation
- Fifteen (15) years of experience selling environmental and/or industry-related renewables services preferred
- Experience in the transmission market and/or other energy business lines (oil and gas, mining, etc.) a plus
- Project management expertise including experience with siting, routing, permitting and/or developing renewables projects
- Familiarity working with the major federal environmental regulations (NEPA/ESA/CWA/NHPA etc.) and state and local regulations as they relate to generation projects
- A deep understanding of environmental compliance during construction as well as operation and maintenance for generation projects in a variety of regulatory settings
- Working knowledge about basic design elements of renewables systems as well as tie-ins to the electric transmission system. Also includes basic knowledge of related facilities, and associated permitting and licensing requirements for these systems.
- Industry contacts with regulated utilities, renewables/generation companies and merchants, and regulatory agencies
- Strong understanding of the generation market (battery storage, solar, on and offshore wind) and demonstrated ability to recognize and develop opportunities into successful sales and sustained growth
- Availability to travel throughout the U.S.
- Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills; interpersonal skills and emotional intelligence; attention to detail; and organization
- Working in a fast-paced work environment and desire to work in a highly collaborative team atmosphere FAJER NOTE – I moved the last two bullets from “WHAT YOU WILL ACCOMPLISH” to “QUALIFICATIONS”
SWCA Environmental Consultants is a growing employee-owned firm, providing a full spectrum of environmental services. With offices across the United States, SWCA is one of the largest environmental compliance firms and ranks among Engineering News-Record’s Top 200 Environmental Firms.
If you would like to contact SWCA regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the online application process due to a disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-480-581-5378. This contact information is for disability accommodation requests only. All other inquiries will not receive a response.
SWCA is committed to salary equity and salary transparency for all its employees. In alignment with this commitment, SWCA posts good faith pay ranges in all its advertised job postings to promote pay equity and transparency.
An employee in this position can expect a salary of $137,280/year to $193,440/year. Actual pay within this range may depend on experience, qualifications, geographic location, client requirements where applicable, and other factors permitted by law. Regular-status employees are also eligible for performance bonuses. Candidates are also encouraged to consider SWCA’s Total Rewards package, which includes a competitive Benefits package, forward-thinking workplace flexibility, outstanding corporate culture, award-winning career development, and more.
EOE - women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply
Not ready to apply? Connect with us for general consideration.