PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
As a Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Junior Officer, you support the implementation of ChildFund’s Monitoring, Evaluation, and
Learning Framework (MELF) and providing MEL technical support to the programs that include baseline, midline, endline, evaluations and and research
and you also support tracking/updating output tracking sheet and Salesforce system.
- Ensure that the PCM (Project Cycle Management) minimum standards is followed across the country program.
- Ensure the implementation of the CFL Quality Framework alongside with the implementation of the MEL Framework.
- Foster a learning environment at the organisational level and among program team and that learning is incorporated into programs.
- Support with report writing, learning workshops, and other MELF activities as needed.
- Act as the focal point for the Salesforce and KOBO system and ensure that a reliable technical support is provided to the program team on timely manner.
- Perform data entry or checking of data quality entered by the team and cleaning of the data.
- Support Program Team to develop case studies, conduct surveys, and carry out other monitoring activities.
- Support the implementation of project baseline, midterm and end-line surveys to ensure high standards.
- Build understanding of partner communities, ChildFund staﬀ, and other partners (including government partners) around MEL Framework and relevant specific technical platform such as Salesforce system.
- Support child-led initiatives that focus on empowering children through MELF and data based.
- Support in the review of reports for headquarters, donors and government staff (six-month reports, end of year reports, performance reports and others as necessary).
- Support the CFL program/project team in organizing of dissemination workshop
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor degree in social development, project management, statistic or relevant field.
- Minimum of 3 year-experience in the INGO working sector.
- Experiences on Baseline & Endline surveys, Evaluation or Social Research.
- Demonstrate understanding of monitoring and evaluation approaches and tools.
- Experience of collecting data and managing the databases.
- Experience of participatory community development methodologies.
- Good command of computer skills including MS Office and data management software.
- Demonstrated experience working with partners, including government.
- Experience of working with children and youth.
- Fluent in English both in speaking and writing and can translate documents and reports.
Remain alert and responsive to any child safeguarding or sexual exploitation, abuse, or harassment (SEAH) risks, acquire relevant knowledge and skills to promote strong safeguarding practices, understand the child safeguarding and PSEAH policy and procedures, and conduct yourself consistent with those policies.
Strong team player and Dynamic
Able to manage multiple priorities
Excellent communication skills with an ability to relate to people from a range of backgrounds
Effective negotiator, with the ability to influence cross departmental and cross sector working
Good analytical skills
Knowledge in PCM, Survey and
Monitoring and Evaluation
Open to change, innovative
Location: : ChildFund in Laos, Saphanthong Neua Village, House No. 598, Unit 26, Sisattanak District, Vientiane, Laos
Employment: Full-time, Initial one year employment agreement, with option to extend upon mutual agreement
Reports to: Senior MEL Coordinator
Other information: Must have criminal background check before joining the organisation
Please apply no later than 4.30 pm of 6th February 2023.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.