Within the framework of the plant’s objectives assigned by the Mechanical Manager, his/her job assignment is to optimize the maintenance and repair activities on all plants and equipment within his/her area of coverage in order to ensure their efficiency and effectiveness.
Prepare Maintenance Program, Organize and Supervise Maintenance Work carried out on all plants and equipment, including their auxiliaries.
Prepare Daily and Monthly maintenance reports on plants and equipment in his/her section.
Implements Mechanical Procedures
Implement WAPCO quality, safety, health and environmental policy in area of responsibility.
Carry out Scheduling, Planning of works (including resources) and execute jobs.
Manage his/her team by:
- Defining Tasks and Objectives and annually carry out their Performance Reviews;
- Ensuring Quality Work ;
- Ensuring good working relationship with and between his/her work force;
- Motivating his/her team and ensure good level of disciplines.
Implement Training Plan for Improving Personnel Skills.
Contribute to Preparation and Work within the Departmental Budget.
Facilitate communications and relationship by:
- Attending Departmental Meetings;
- Attending Plant/Departmental Safety Meetings:
- Conveying Management Policies/Departmental Decisions to the subordinates and give feedbacks;
- Communicating results to the Mechanical Manager.
Updates himself of general Cement Plant and Engineering Practices
Comply with EMS Mechanical Instrumentation job functions.
Ensure involvement in the implementation and maintenance of integrated management system in the plant
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent education.
- Minimum of 1 year relevant experience preferably in a cement industry.
- Experience in the implementation of quality and environmental management systems like ISO 9001:2000, EMS - ISO 14001
Knowledge & Skills
- Strong problem-solving and trouble-shooting skills;
- In-depth knowledge of practical mechanical operations and application;
- Good knowledge of cement manufacturing processes and products;
- Predictive and preventive maintenance;
- Knowledge of engineering codes and standards;
- Good knowledge of safety rules applied to maintenance of Dust Control Equipment and Utilities;
- Hands-on experience;
- Micro data processing (Word, Excel, Power Point, AutoCAD,).
- Good interpersonal relationship;
- Good level of self confidence and control;
- Good sense of judgement;
- Eager to learn and apply;
- Good level of order and cleanliness;
- Team leadership;
- Sense of organization and delegation;
- Good initiative and sense of anticipation;
- Analytical mind and logical approach to problem solving;
- Performance oriented;
- Good level of communication and innovation;
- Decision-making capacity /Self confidence;
- Ability to influence, develop and/or motivate people to the achievement of jobs objectives;
- Time management;
Proficiency in English Language
Local / International