The Material Handler / Inspector Technician is responsible for the material movement and inspection of components for a large gas engine machining and assembly operation.
- Cycle count
- Participate in annual physical inventory
- Parts picking & counting accuracy
- Enter Receipts
- Perform multiple types of inventory transactions/transfers
- Load/unload trucks
- Consolidate picks for assembly/machine shop/outside shipment
- Pull parts/kit orders to prepare for sub-assembly or engine assembly varying operations
- Prepare parts for shipment – packaging, banding, weighing etc.
- Ship parts via UPS/FED EX, LTL Trucking – make pickup requests via on-line requests/phone
- Understanding of vendor return policies
- Understanding of return goods , (RMA’s)
- Follow all safety procedures
- Pull parts from AS/RS (High Rise),
- Operate fork-lifts, pallet movers, turret-trucks, overhead cranes, jib cranes
- Perform daily powered industrial truck inspections
- Blueprint Reading: Demonstrate ability to read/print and interpret dimensions and convert metric to inches
- Inspect parts condition
- Ability to use precision measuring equipment (ie; calipers, mics, etc..)
- Documents any defects
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment.
- Complete all annual EHS training
- Help in identifying continuous improvement opportunities.
- High School or GED
- 2+ years of warehouse experience
- Ability to meet physical demands of industrial engine assembly.
- Ability to lift a minimum weight of 40 lbs
- Industrial fork truck operating experience
- Must have valid driver’s license
- Understanding of Oracle or similar ERP systems
- International shipping and customs paperwork a plus
- Strong collaborator who is a positive team player
- Autonomous, results driven and accountable for own actions and takes ownership of decisions
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and coordinate several moderate projects simultaneously
- Effective problem solver and communicator with the ability to interface with peers with confidence and clarity
- Willingness to learn new skills and perform a variety of tasks
INNIO offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. INNIO is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.