The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you!
The Role: The role of the Master Data Management Application Developer is to support key business software applications and plan, design, develop, and launch efficient business systems in support of core organizational functions and business processes. This role serves as a technical expert in the design, development, coding, testing, and debugging of new applications or complex enhancements to existing ones.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Develop, maintain and nurture a positive IT/Internal Customer relationship.
- Lead development projects from inception through completion, working independently and interfacing with senior organization employees.
- Maintain and manage Informatica MDM business rules and related integrations/interfaces.
- Gather and analyze data in support of the business cases, proposed projects and systems requirements.
- Develop complex, detailed functional designs for new business requirements.
- Develop complex solutions per functional specifications using APIs, open interfaces, integration communication channels and transformational applications (AWS, AZURE, etc.)
- Understand the existing Master Data Management architecture and support various interfaces between MDM Informatica and other business units or applications.
- Work with key members in domestic and international locations, to identify and resolve application issues, system enhancements and new user requirements.
- Develop test scripts and perform in-depth tests, including system and integration, for modified and new systems, and other post-implementation support.
- Provide support documentation, training of super users or supporting application users on error resolution and use of any new or enhanced development in MDM informatica
- Perform root cause analysis and debugging of program and errors generated to a resolution
- For assigned projects and task, assure all objectives are widely communicated and clearly understood for resourcing, timing, dependencies and reporting of issues or training requirements are shared with your manager.
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Bachelor Degree in MIS or CS preferred, with 5 years of experience, or a Graduate Degree (Masters) in MIS or CS preferred, with 4 - 6 years of experience, or relevant and equivalent business or IT experience.
- Deep technical knowledge of Informatica MDM and all its related components including IDQ
- Conversant in English language
- Ability to effectively communicate both orally and in writing, interact with all levels of co-works, manage multiple priorities, interpret and apply policies and procedures appropriately.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret user requirements, functional documentation and for Informatica applications.
- Demonstrate ability to organize, lead and have sound decision making skills.
- Strong knowledge of system and software quality assurance best practices and methodologies
- Understanding of Software Development Lifecycle methodologies as adopted by the organization
- Excellent interpersonal skills including written and verbal communications
- Ability to conduct research into software related issues and products
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, Working Parents Networks and Non-Native English Speakers and Allies.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
(The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters and must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Work is generally conducted in an office environment.
- Regularly required to sit, stand, walk and reach with hands and arms.
- Frequently required to communicate orally.
- Ability to use hands and fingers dexterously to operate office equipment.
- Vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
- Employee use of personal protective equipment (PPE) may be required in certain situations.
- Employee must comply with all local regulations and published Company work rules as well as written instructions.
- Office: Florescent lighting, dust, recycled air, cooling fans, semi-enclosed areas, central heating, seasonal warmer temperatures and office noise
- Shop: In locations with a factory or shop floor, exposure to factory/shop and machinery.
- 40 hours per week, Monday through Friday during local office hours
- Collaboration with global teams may require participation in teleconferences outside of local office hours
- Support of business critical systems will require occasional availability or work outside of local office hours, including weekends and holidays
- Travel requirement: Although no regularly scheduled travel is required, domestic or international travel will be occasionally required in support of specific projects or activities.
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.