At A Glance
Location: Hybrid, onsite
Hours: 35 Weekly
Reports to: Director of Strategic Communications
At Ecojustice, we build a case for a better earth every day! We fight, and win, for our planet in court.
Our Mission is why people join Ecojustice. People who choose to join us recognize that this planet is our most treasured inheritance, and it is our imperative to be good stewards for the generations who follow us. We use the power of the courts to defend what we value most. We believe in protecting the environment while having enough time off to enjoy it. If you are courageous, collaborative, and dedicated to the fight for a healthier environment, you will find your people here.
About The Role
The Marketing & Public Relations Manager is the creator of Ecojustice’s public image and oversees the development and deployment of the organization’s marketing strategies, systems, and tools. Supporting the Director of Strategic Communications, they lead Ecojustice’s marketing team, data-driven insights, and a ‘marketing-first’ perspective to ensure Ecojustice achieves its advertising and revenue-generation goals while always centering the audience.
Responsibilities for this role include:
- Strengthening the Ecojustice brand by overseeing the implementation and evaluation of public relations, advertising, and email marketing strategies.
- Advising and managing a team responsible for the maintenance and integration of databases, customer, and content management systems (CRMs/CMSs)
- Ensure Ecojustice and its marketing properties comply with Canadian privacy, accessibility, and charity law while implementing industry best practices
- Contribute to development and evaluation of communications practices that consider justice, equity, diversity, inclusion, and reconciliation increase inclusive communications practices
- Lead opportunity analysis of emerging marketing trends and technology and make innovative, strategic recommendations to help Ecojustice achieve its programmatic and revenue-generation goals
- Manage, mentor, and coach direct reports including performance management, goal setting, delegation, feedback and modeling positive, collaborative behaviours in all team and cross-departmental interactions.
We are currently working to embed our commitment to justice, equity, diversity, inclusion, and reconciliation into all aspects of our organization. We value candidates who enjoy building meaningful, collaborative partnerships with equity-seeking groups and operationalizing JEDI-R values in day-to-day practices and operations.
Typically, we find that people who succeed in this role bring:
- A minimum of 6+ years of professional marketing experience, including experience leading public relations and marketing initiatives.
- Experience managing and coaching a team
- Experience with content management systems (ex. WordPress), fundraising platforms (ex. Raiser’s Edge), constituent relationship management databases, data management software (ex. Excel), and paid advertising platforms (ex. Google Ads)
- Strong Communication skills with the ability to clearly articulate information with accuracy, creativity, and persuasiveness to provides audience focused information making complex subject matters accessible information others can act upon
- Strategic thinking with a disciplined, entrepreneurial approach to strategy and driven by curiosity to develop custom solutions that deliver outstanding results
Our Commitment To Workplace Accessibility, Equity, and Inclusion
Ecojustice is committed to creating a diverse, equitable, and inclusive work environment and is responding to the calls for action to further reconciliation.
We encourage applications from people with relevant job-related skills and who come from communities that have been structurally marginalized based on race, religion, nationality, social or ethnic origin, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression. Members belonging to communities that experience marginalization can self-identify during the application process if they choose to do so.
Ecojustice strives to ensure that our online application system and recruitment process are accessible to individuals with different abilities and encourages candidates to contact firstname.lastname@example.org for any accommodation requests.
Great Reasons To Join Us
- Recognized as one of Canada’s Top 100 charities by Charity Intelligence.
- A flexible work environment and work schedule that best suits you and how you work – choose a hybrid, remote, or full office setup and receive $125 monthly for selecting hybrid!
- 5% of your salary as a non-mandatory RRSP contribution.
- Parental leave top-up for birthing and non-birthing parents.
- Colleagues dedicated to environmental impact through their work at Ecojustice (99% mission alignment rating from internal surveys).
- A culture of collaboration where employees are fostered by their managers (97% manager relationship rating from internal surveys).
- Abundant paid time off options that recognize 13 public holidays (including National Day for Truth and Reconciliation), starting with 3 weeks of vacation, 1 week of winter holidays, 2 float days, and more.
- Additional flexible leave policies that accommodate physical and mental health leave, caregiving responsibilities, volunteering, and other life events.
- A focus on supporting your health and well-being through an employer-paid extended health benefits package, employee and family assistance program, and a wellness spending of $500 per year.
- Learning opportunities to further our strategic commitment towards justice, equity, diversity, inclusion, and reconciliation.