The Manufacturing Technician will be a key team member responsible for the manufacturing process. They will interpret and produce work from complex product drawings, manuals, specifications & work instructions to produce high-quality reciprocating gas engines. They may be required to perform and/or support all functions of the manufacturing of gas engines. They will do this in compliance with our Environmental Health & Safety standards.
At INNIO, we offer you
- An innovative and international connected working environment
- Flexible working model and structure
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company matched RRSP program
- Onsite gym facility
- An upbeat atmosphere with a collaborative cross-functional team
- Perform complex mechanical and/or electrical assembly of all products and sub-assemblies on all engine product types to ensure the product meets customer specifications.
- Perform various machine set-ups and adjustments and operate assembly equipment for all assembly operations required for all product lines to deliver a quality product to our customer.
- Set-up, operate, adjust and maintain all tools and equipment used in the assembly process.
- Ensure first person quality of all processes to minimize escaped defects reaching the test cells and or customer.
- Complete the electrical configuration of generator set engines to enable electrical testing.
- Perform critical quality inspection using a variety of inspection methods including first article/piece inspection, final inspection and conduct dimensional inspections using appropriate measuring tools.
- Complete inspection reports and document non-conformities and support root cause analysis to prevent and improve assembly processes.
- Calibrate gauges and measuring equipment and perform general maintenance and repair of hand tools, specialized tools, equipment and fixtures.
- Follow maintenance schedules and perform equipment inspections to ensure proper and safe operation.
- Provide coaching and expertise to other team members by sharing expertise and working as a team to meet common business objectives.
- Identify continuous improvement opportunities to drive efficiency and cost savings.
- High school diploma and a combination of relevant experience.
- Basic technical aptitude including but not limited to computers, math, assembly, fabrication, and general manufacturing principles.
- Willingness and ability to work flexible hours/shifts.
- Ability to meet physical and cognitive demands assessment.
- Ability to lift a minimum weight of 40 lbs.
- Team player who is accountable for team’s success: delivering business targets and responsibility for decisions and outcomes.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to give and receive feedback.
- Willingness to learn new skills and perform a variety of tasks and roles within the manufacturing process and teach and coach other team members.
- Ability to work in a self-directed environment.
- Auto-mechanic experience an asset
If you don’t see yourself fully reflected in every job requirement listed on the posting above, we still encourage you to reach out and apply. Women and underrepresented groups often only apply when they feel 100% qualified. We are committed to creating a more equitable, inclusive and diverse company and we strongly encourage applicants of all genders, ages, ethnicities, cultures, abilities, sexual orientations, and life experiences to apply.