The Manufacturing Engineering – Machining will provide technical engineering and machining expertise related to the manufacturing of gas reciprocating engines. The ME will have a strong knowledge of technical concepts with a focus in CNC machine shop operations in order to collaborate with our teams to improve our processes, efficiency, and quality of our products. The ME will ensure engineering changes are properly implemented and that configuration management is maintained through the product lifecycle.
At INNIO, we offer you,
An innovative and international connected working environment
Flexible working model and structure
Comprehensive benefits package
Company matched RRSP program
Onsite gym facility
An upbeat atmosphere with a collaborative cross-functional team
- Develop manufacturing processes for New Product Introduction (NPI), documenting process changes, driving process / fixture improvements, driving lead and cycle time improvements, cost of quality (COQ), and Environment, Health, & Safety (EHS) actions
- Assess, address and validate tool and equipment needs to facilitate safe, timely and cost-effective production of machine shop components for our customers
- Support budgetary requirements and work with vendors, team members and suppliers to ensure on time, cost effective delivery of products and processes.
- Participate in LEAN initiatives and use Six Sigma tools for process improvements.
- Manage multiple projects by providing scheduling, resource management, budget control, and EHS compliance.
- Interface with vendors and internal contacts in an effective manner to ensure that the technical and EHS perspective is properly conveyed.
- Assure that all engineering designs and technical data are complete and accurately documented to provide an accurate technical and historical base for future reference and quality requirements to meet customer needs.
- Work with cross-functional teams to ensure the development of the Manufacturing Execution System (MES) methodology across the machine shop.
- Support the technician and maintenance teams for machining related issues, changes and improvements.
- Associate Mechanical Engineering diploma or Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical/Industrial Engineering from an accredited college or university or equivalent.
- 10+ years of manufacturing operations experience 2+ years of CNC programming and CNC metal cutting experience.
- Minimum 2 – 5 years of manufacturing engineering experience.
- Ability to support 3 shift operations (days, afternoons, and night shift).
- Ability to handle diverse activities simultaneously and support a self-directed teaming environment.
- Strong interpersonal, technical, organizational, oral and written communication skills
- Ability to analyze problems, identify root causes, and provide efficient solutions.
- Ability to communicate effectively and contribute to team projects while supporting the development of technical expertise within the team.
- Lean Six Sigma training or equivalent quality training.
- NX CAM software knowledge would be considered an asset.
- Experienced in AutoCAD and MS Office.