World Wildlife Fund (WWF), one of the world’s leading conservation organizations, seeks a Manager, Private Sector Engagement.
The Manager, Private Sector Engagement primarily develops and manages corporate partnerships to further the mission of WWF. This position serves on the transformational partnerships team within WWF’s Private Sector Engagement (PSE) department. Transformational corporate partnerships are focused on changing business practices to further WWF’s conservation goals and contribute to the advancement of WWF’s conservation mission through sustainable business engagement. This manager role focuses on engagement of the food/beverage/agriculture sector and supports the development of research, communication materials, and projects that support WWF’s conservation goals.
- Manages major, cross-functional corporate relationships including sustainable business engagement, cause marketing, policy/advocacy and/or philanthropic work streams.
- Leads development of and is responsible for the successful implementation of long-term engagement strategies for select corporate partners, ensuring a strategic approach that supports the WWF mission and conservation goals.
- Provides technical knowledge about corporate sustainability leadership commitments and implementation, with a particular focus on environmental impact.
- Serves as a lead for key sectors that align with existing partnerships in industries of focus including food, agriculture, consumer packaged goods, grocery retailers, and restaurants.
- Plays a critical role in supporting the PSE Industry Approach, providing strategic guidance to WWF US conservation teams.
- Cultivates strong working relationships with key contacts at corporate partner organizations, as well as internally within WWF, while successfully managing multiple workstreams against directed scopes of work and timelines.
- Thinks creatively to develop compelling business proposals, presentations, and other communications that align with WWF and partner brand positioning.
- Serves as a key liaison for WWF US conservation teams including collaborating on corporate engagement strategy, reporting on revenue from PSE, and other related activities.
- Works closely with WWF legal and business services teams to ensure memorandums of understanding, licensing agreements, grant proposals and other materials are correctly executed and implemented.
- Ensures compliance with reporting requirements and deadlines, and monitors overall relationships with corporate partners to ensure appropriate level of engagement.
- Works with communications staff and others to oversee, circulate and approve all partnership related communications materials from initial evaluation to approval of any relevant content throughout the life of the relationship.
- Prepares annual budget forecasts and department expenses for managed corporate relationships and regularly evaluates progress, adjusting strategy as necessary to achieve conservation and financial goals.
- Proactively seeks out partnership growth opportunities, researching and making initial contact, identifying and developing solicitation strategies and proposals, closing deals with companies to generate new corporate accounts, and raising funds for several areas of WWF's conservation programs while considering all areas of potential engagement including marketing, communication, policy, and other WWF platforms.
- Manages interns and staff as needed; provides mentoring support to staff.
- Represents WWF at relevant events and meetings related to sustainable business partnerships and participates in multistakeholder and partner group meetings.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- A bachelor’s degree and minimum 8 years of relevant work experience is required; graduate degree in business, sustainability or a relevant field is preferred
- Knowledge of corporate sustainability leadership and experience with agriculture production, commodity supply chains, food systems, grocery retailers and the food/water/climate nexus is strongly desired
- Excellent project management skills, and strong research, analytical, oral/writing communications
- Ability to operate with independence and collaboratively, under pressure, to meet deadlines and commitments
- Experience with strategy development and ‘big picture’ thinking
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to build strong internal and external relationships
- Demonstrated ability to effectively influence and lead others, particularly external relationships
- Requirement to travel up to 10% of the time within the US and internationally
- Prior management experience preferred
- Excellent spoken and written English language skills; international experience and language skills other than English preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite required
- Committed to building and strengthening a culture of inclusion within and across teams.
- Identifies and aligns with WWF’s core values: Courage, Integrity, Respect, and Collaboration:
- Demonstrates courage by speaking up even when it is difficult, or unpopular
- Builds trust with colleagues by acting with integrity, owning mistakes, and holding oneself accountable
- Welcomes other points of view and ideas, recognizing and embracing different and contrary perspectives with kindness, curiosity, and encouragement
- Makes conscious efforts to promote cooperative practices, behaviors, and ways of working across many groups and individuals
WWF is committed to maintaining a safe and healthy workplace and requires all US-based staff to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. WWF will consider requests for accommodation from the vaccine requirement based on disability, medical contraindication, sincerely held religious belief, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.
- Submit cover letter and resume through our Careers Page**, Requisition #23079**
- Due to the high volume of applications, we are not able to respond to inquiries via phone
As an EOE/AA employer, WWF will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, or protected Veteran status. WWF values diversity and inclusion and welcomes diverse candidates to apply.