All Hands and Hearts is a disaster relief nonprofit. This position requires travel to our communal program bases which are located in the communities we serve. Understand your responsibility for the safety of yourself and for those around you. Make yourself aware of, and comply with all safety protocols (including COVID-19), which may differ between locations, based on local risk assessment and local regulations.
Vaccination is required in all in-person work environments including program bases, offices, and team meetings. We will always provide an option for travel-exempt folks to join these meetings and events virtually, to ensure we are providing an inclusive and accessible environment for people who are unvaccinated, vaccinated and at high risk, or avoiding in person events out of concern for others in their circle.
The start date for this role is February 2023.
Diversity is the acknowledgment, promotion and celebration of our differences and similarities. All racial identities, ethnicities, sexes, nationalities, gender identities and expressions, physical and mental abilities, sexual orientations, ages, spiritualities, points of view and socioeconomic statuses can fit in with us. We support individuals from around the world and serve communities affected by disasters with purpose. Response, recovery, resilience and renewal are why we exist. Respect for the value of diversity, inclusion and social justice drives us forward every day. Everyone is welcome.
A versatile position within a dynamic nonprofit that provides community-inspired, volunteer-powered disaster relief. The Manager of Wellbeing will be responsible for promoting positive wellbeing in regard to mental and social well-being. This will be a full-time, hands-on role, training and supporting teams across the world and acting as a point of escalation for mental health crises to outside resources and support.
- Reports to Chief of People
- Roles reporting to position None
- Approximate number of direct reports 0
- Design, implement and manage a strategic organizational approach to fostering good psychological health & wellbeing, forming part of the Safety Management System
- Develop tools and resources to help our teams promote wellbeing and train them in how to establish boundaries and manage people who are displaying unhelpful behaviors.
- Develop reporting mechanisms to track unhealthy behaviors and corresponding systems to mitigate the escalation of poor mental health
- Provide information and guidance to prospective staff and volunteers to help them make an informed decision about joining one of our programs
- Benchmarking with best practice companies and trends in the wellness space
- Identify and manage local and remote access to holistic, inclusive support systems that meet the needs of our diverse teams
- Provide referrals to expert resources after individuals have left our duty of care for on-going support
- Supporting affected people with periodic check-ins depending upon each affected individual’s receptivity, be available to check-in with individuals to see if any support or resources can be provided and to also demonstrate All Hands and Hearts’ interest in their recovery, including program staff to ensure their own wellbeing in the aftermath of an incident or engagement
- Serve as the organizational champion for wellbeing. Facilitate momentum across all teams to ensure wellbeing is prioritized
- Provide briefings for assessment teams who are to deploy to difficult environments
- Serve as spokesperson, when called upon, to explain All Hands and Hearts to external contacts interested in organization around wellness topics
- Ensure reporting and compliance requirements are met with external donors, partners, and other interested parties
- Serve as a member of the Crisis Management Team to ensure the wellbeing of survivors of crisis’ is prioritized
- We understand vaccination is the best way to protect our beneficiaries, community members, staff and volunteers, therefore we require all off-program team members in in-person work environments including offices, team meetings, traveling to program, etc. must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. To be considered for this position you must be fully vaccinated. Subject to applicable guidance, the term fully vaccinated currently refers to when an individual has received either a single-shot vaccine or both doses of a two-shot vaccine, and two weeks have elapsed since the final dose.
- Perform other duties as needed and required
- Is this position responsible for the operating budget of the associated department? Yes
- Does this position have any other financial responsibilities? No
- Education Undergraduate Degree in Psychology, Social Work, Nursing, or other related field.
- Related Skills and Experience At least 3 years of workplace wellbeing experience, knowledge of organizational psychology or change management principles. Influencing skills and ability to work across teams. Regard for others and respect for individual rights of autonomy and confidentiality. Skills in communicating clearly and persuasively, both verbally and in writing. Experience in supporting survivors after critical incidents and people suffering a mental health crisis. Ability to work alone, leveraging expert external resources as required. Experience or an understanding of humanitarian operations is an advantage. Exhibits a demonstrated interest in working in the non-profit space. We will positively consider previous experience working for All Hands and Hearts or another disaster response organization.
- Special Competencies/Certification Good written and oral communication skills and confident working with Google Suite, Microsoft Office, particularly Word and Excel. Applicants need to be well organized and have a flexible approach to managing multiple tasks and prioritizing them appropriately. The individual is able to manage a large workload and perform in a fast-paced environment
- Work Environment/Conditions Based remotely in a home office.
Compensation & Benefits
Compensation This is a grant-funded position. The starting salary is $40,500. Annual performance based pay increases may be available, up to a maximum of $50, 000 for U.S. based employees.
Flexible working hours
Opportunity to travel to program
Medical, Dental and Pharmacy Coverage Insurance Plans
Flex Spending Account
All Hands and Hearts is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, Veteran status, age, or any other protected characteristic.