TITLE: Manager, Analytics & Technology Projects
RESPONSIBLE TO: Director, User Experience
DIVISION/DEPT: Analytics and Technology
- Responsible for enhancing customer satisfaction by improving the usability and accessibility of Analytics & Technology products and processes in a way that is attractive and convenient for users
- Determine project scopes and schedules based on business requirements
- Set and document the process for projects from start to finish, serving as a support role to others in Analytics & Technology needing to implement projects.
- Run scrum meetings for other Analytics & Technology products.
- Monitor and routinely report out on process performance and improvements in key metrics.
- Create and maintain project plans ensuring they are up to date.
- Manage Jira board capturing requirements and writing user stories.
- Serve as a back-up to the Director, User Experience.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Internal: Daily contact with GII team members revolving around project and project needs.
- External: Occasional contact with consultants and suppliers.
- GII Members: Occasional contact with local Goodwill organizations to help identify project requirements.
- Proactive, self-starter with excellent project management skills and ability to manage multiple tasks effectively.
- High degree of organization, individual initiative, and personal accountability.
- Ability to work well with other departments and personnel.
- Ability to balance technical knowledge and business acumen.
- Must be willing to own detailed technology solutions (Jira, Smartsheet, as a sample) and serve as a hands-on contributor.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Strong familiarity with project management software tools, methodologies, and best practices.
- Familiarity with a non-profit organizations a plus, but not required.
- Bachelor’s degree; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Certified Product Owner, Certified Scrum Master, and PMP Certification preferred.
- Excellent problem-solving skills. Experience identifying project requirements. Experience developing project plans.
- 3-5 years’ experience in product management and/or product development.
- 3-5 years of product or project development experience.
- 3-5 years' experience in Agile, Scrum and Waterfall methods.
- 3-5 years' experience with integration technologies.
DECISION MAKING: Decisions related to diagnosing problems and implementing corrective action. Ability to pivot tasks as priorities change.
- General – Latitude is given to determine approaches, procedures, and methodologies for accomplishing the work.
- Receive administrative review. Work is reviewed to assure that it is conceptually sound and meets assignment objectives.
PHYSICAL EFFORT: Medium, lifting 30 lbs. maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing up to 15 lbs. Walking or standing to a significate degree, involves sitting most of the time. May require long hours at a personal computer.
EMOTIONAL EFFORT: Medium, frequent short deadlines requiring some overtime. Work environment usually hectic with periods of high stress.