- The Management Accountants role is to support the plant in the effective management of cost, by applying daily or weekly disciplines.
- The Management Accountant role is also to ensure the safeguarding the company assets such as inventory and fixed assets by participating in regular stock counts and physical Inventory verification.
Day to Day Procedures:
- Work closely with BU leadership to assist with financial queries relating to the plants/sites.
- Daily monitoring of raw material receipts and consumptions against and highlight discrepancies to FC.
- Assist the PR Administration with correct GL codes and cost centres.
- Compile daily sales report with average selling price per plant, area and National consolidated.
- Daily sales volumes reconciliation between daily tracker to SAP invoice report.
- Preparation of weekly cost tracker incorporation potential exposure from open POs.
- Review of P-Card expense claims and cost allocations.
- Monitor and correct GL and Cost Centre account allocations.
- Adherence to internal control processes as well as LHARP principles.
- Preparation of WBS proposals for Capex.
- Understanding the AP and AR process and analyse abnormalities, provide projections for cash requirements.
- Effectively communicate to manager and team members to ensure key deliverables are met on time and potential problems escalated.
- Effectively feeds information to required members of the team to ensure all important updates are shared appropriately.
- Manages others expectations appropriately and proactively communicates any potential problems.
Month end and other periodic functions:
- Participate in monthly stock count and preparation of variance report for review by Financial Controller.
- Ensure monthly standing journals are prepared and posted.
- Preparation of month-end accrual journals.
- Preparation of month end BU P+L reports as well as site specific reports.
- Prepare top line, logistics and SGA analysis at month end.
- Execution of SAP month end closing cycles.
- Review of product costing to ensure accuracy as well as ensuring that stock is valued at lower of cost or net realisable value.
- Review of Balance Reconciliations to ensure that reconciling items are cleared and investigated.
- Month end cost variance analysis.
- Assist in budget/forecast and strategic review process.
- Lead and perform Fixed Asset accounting at Plant level (verifications, capitalisations etc.).
- BCompt / Bcom (with Accounting)
- 3-5 Years’ experience with strong ‘hands on’ experience in accounting in a manufacturing industry.
- Accounting system – SAP
Knowledge & Skills
- Proficient in Google workspace, Microsoft - Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Must be in possession of an unendorsed, valid driver’s licence
- Ability to participate in a resilient and diverse team.
- Self-motivated, driven and flexible
- Passion for the industry environment
- Willingness to travel to site as an when required