The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
This role assists within the R2R team with the monthly reporting for the UK and Ireland Commercial Teams with preparing and maintaining financial data and assisting the day-to-day accounting activities in accordance with the organization’s accounting policies and procedures.
- Management and ownership of the monthly, quarterly and year-end close process for Xylem Water Services, with a focus on the Harlow Sales operation, on a timely basis in accordance with Group Reporting timetable.
- Perform month-end closing activities including preparation and posting of journal entries in local ERP (LX).
- Working together with the Assistant Management Accountant, ensure One Stream, which is used as the Group consolidation reporting tool, is loaded and certified on time each month avoiding multiple certifications.
- Provide insightful commentary on the performance of the entities upon certifications in One Stream.
- Work closely with the business to ensure efficient, correct and timely processing of transactions.
- Ensure appropriate and timely reconciliation of balance sheet accounts and ensure follow-up of any reconciling or adjusting items.
- To prepare documentation for the statutory audit when required.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant SOX controls.
- To undertake any other ad hoc duties as and when required to meet the varying demands of the business.