All Hands and Hearts is a disaster relief nonprofit. Our program bases are located in the communities we serve, and depending on the role you apply for you may be required to visit and/or live in our communal program environments. Please note that vaccination is required for all in-person work environments, including program bases and offices. You will also be expected to adhere to particular safety protocols (including relating to COVID-19), and should understand your responsibility for the safety of yourself and others around you. We will always provide an option for travel-exempt staff to join meetings and events virtually, to ensure we provide an inclusive environment for those who are unvaccinated or at high risk.
Diversity is the acknowledgment, promotion and celebration of our differences and similarities. All racial identities, ethnicities, sexes, nationalities, gender identities and expressions, physical and mental abilities, sexual orientations, ages, spiritualities, points of view and socioeconomic statuses can fit in with us. We support individuals from around the world and serve communities affected by disasters with purpose. Response, recovery, resilience and renewal are why we exist. Respect for the value of diversity, inclusion and social justice drives us forward every day. Everyone is welcome.
The start date for this position is April 2023. Not open to US residents.
Learn more about our Philippines Typhoon Rai Relief program.
A versatile position within a dynamic nonprofit that provides community-inspired, volunteer-powered disaster relief. The position is full-time and is responsible for the logistics of the project(s), including materials and tool procurement, managing relations between All Hands and Hearts and local contractors and suppliers, monitoring effectiveness of tools and materials, liaising between field and office team, and facilitating coordination of volunteer teams.
- Reports to Project Manager
- Roles reporting to position None
- The approximate number of reports 0
- Work with the site teams and Project Manager to manage site logistics and relationships with local suppliers and local workers
- In coordination with Operations Manager manage daily transportation and telecommunication for logistics, project teams , staff and volunteers
- In coordination with the project teams, organize regular tool and material inventories and tool repairs for all worksites
- Procure construction supplies, tools, and materials for project sites
- Assist the Project Manager with sourcing local contractors, suppliers and rental equipment.
- Assist the Operations Manager with the procurement of medical and base supplies when necessary
- Maintain accurate tracking systems for purchased tools and materials for all sites
- Facilitate ongoing communication and collaboration with Project Manager, Construction Site Coordinator(s), Finance Coordinator and local suppliers
- Participate in weekly meetings with Project Manager and site teams to plan and coordinate site logistics
- Manage drivers’ time, fuel, workload and feedback
- Perform monthly vehicle maintenance
- We understand vaccination is the best way to protect our beneficiaries, community members, staff and volunteers. Therefore, we require all staff members working in in-person environments (including program staff, office staff, team meetings and program visits) to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Subject to applicable guidance, the term fully vaccinated currently refers to when an individual has received all recommended Covid-19 vaccines, including any booster dose(s) when eligible.
- Perform other duties as required
- Is this position responsible for the operating budget of the associated department? No
- Does this position have any other financial responsibilities? No
- Education High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Related Experience Previous All Hands and Hearts experience preferred. Minimum of one-year managing logistics and/or working in a development setting.
- Special Competencies/Certifications Must be able to secure and maintain appropriate visas. Fluency in at least one language/dialect used in the region of the project required. Driver’s license required. Good written and oral communication skills (English). Confident working with Google Suite, Microsoft Office, particularly Word and Excel. The applicant needs to be well organized and have a flexible approach to managing multiple tasks and prioritizing them appropriately. The individual is able to manage a large workload and perform in a fast-paced environment.
- Work Environment/Conditions Based on-program; communal living environment; high-stress situations.
Compensation & Benefits
- Pay rate is $800-$1,200 USD/ month, based on position, skills and experience
- Room & board
- Monthly R&R breaks with allowance
- Coverage for emergency medical injury or illness
- Visa extension reimbursement
- Travel to and from program location
- Costs related to COVID-19 entry requirements
All Hands and Hearts is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, Veteran status, age, or any other protected characteristic.