Location: Taraba, Nigeria
Reports to: Livelihood Officer, Taraba
Contract type: Fixed-term contract (6 months)
Cuso International is a North American leading international development agency that works through volunteers to overcome poverty since more than 60 years. Cuso International, a Canadian development NGO, is implementing a UNHCR supported project in Cross River, Benue, Akwa Ibom, and Taraba States called Skills for Improvement of Livelihood for Refugees (SKILLS Project) in refugee settlements and in Refugee Holding Communities in Cross River, Akwa Ibom, Benue and Taraba States –which aims to improve livelihoods, increase income generation and self-reliance through sustainable enterprise development for Cameroonian refugees and host community members in Cross River Benue and Taraba States. This will be achieved through the implementation of livelihood interventions covering vocational and technical trainings, setting up of farm hubs, entrepreneurship and business management, life skills and Access to agricultural / livestock / fisheries production.
- To do all in your power, to promote the good standing of Cuso International.
- At all times act professionally and ethically in your work-related activities.
- To inform management of any pending problems or alert them to potential improvements in operating procedures.
- To carry out reasonable instructions from your line manager, and other team members to the best of your ability.
Key ResponsibilitiesLogistics duties
- Transport staff and other personnel to and from various destinations, including trips which may last for several days, ensuring that all occupants wear seat belt.
- Maintain a log book for all tasks for all trips, fuelling and maintenance
- Ensure vehicles are in sound mechanical conditions ready for program activities, conducting daily checks and maintenance
- Maintain the vehicles in a clean condition at all times.
- Ensure vehicles have all essential accessories such as umbrellas, map, fire extinguisher, maintenance tool kit, torch, first aid kit, telephone directory and other essential items like water, oil and brake fluid.
- Conduct regular vehicle checks to ensure service schedules are adhered to
- Ensuring that vehicles are safe and secured at all times
- Plan routes and estimate requirements for field trips, preparing funding requests as appropriate.
- Fulfil other duties such as picking up and delivering items/mails.
- Test drive office vehicle to be able to guide external service providers on what to do on vehicles; also to verify work done by external service providers upon return of the vehicle from the garage
- Load and unload any Cuso International goods as needed or requested.
- Undertake medical exam and eye test as required by management to maintain safe driving capacity. Eye test will be done yearly.
- Ensure that vehicle insurance, license and road-worthiness and other government required licenses are up-to-date and copies are kept in the vehicle.
- Staff are charged at least monthly for personal use of Project vehicles and rates for personal use are reviewed at least twice a year.
- The vehicle code of conduct is strictly enforced.
- Undertake other duties that may be assigned by the supervisor.
- That minor maintenance issues are fixed by yourself or reported and fixed promptly.
- The vehicle code of conduct is strictly enforced.
- Must keep a fully charged mobile phone with credits at all times when travelling for project purposes.
- Support the Administration and Logistics Assistant in administration and logistics duties.
Maintain inventory of office supplies and own re-ordering processes
Ensure a clean and tidy office environment (overseeing the cleaner and the driver)
Help organize specific meetings inside and outside of the office
Provide ad hoc administrative support as needed to staff, including to those based overseas
Manage petty cash
Ensure that financial records are kept accurate and up to date in the Field
Process all invoicing
Provide additional support as required to the Finance Officer and Manager.
Manage outgoing and incoming post
Provide administrative support to staff
Manage staff movement register, provide report weekly report of vehicle mileage and update asset register
Ensure proper filing and updating of all project related documents
Filing of project-related documents in an office filing cabinet
Provide travelling support to the team; preparation of Travel Authorization form etc
Prepare for, support and take minutes at staff meetings
Support visitors’ visits/appointments with management
Carry out some external correspondences.
- Minimum of 5 years driving experience within an organisation (Government or Private sector
- Clean Driver's licence and good driving record
- Read, write, understand and communicate clearly in English
- Maintain good physical condition that will enable Driver to stoop, bend, twist, and perform other motions, requiring strength and endurance when performing manual labour indoors or outdoors. Able to frequently lift up to 100 lbs.
- HND or BSc in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting or equivalent
- Understanding of basic bookkeeping, accounts payable and receivable
- Effective communication skills with individuals at all levels of the organization
- Computer literate, including effective working skills of MS Word and Excel
- Ability to learn new software
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to prioritize multiple competing tasks with excellent attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships throughout the organization and with external stakeholders.
- Able to handle confidential information.
- A valid driving license
- Language skills (essential or desirable)
- Good eyesight (to be tested)
- Driving experience and a good driving record
- Technical competence in maintenance and repair (to be tested).
- Ability to drive in difficult terrain and in undisciplined traffic (to be tested).
- Reliability: Establishing the credentials of the individual and their possible networks. A social or character reference is a good means of establishing reliability.
Vehicle Code of Conduct
- Vehicle can be only be operated by the designated driver and staff listed in the Vehicle Insurance Policy.
- All users driving the vehicle must log all vehicle mileage - date; location; start and end miles; personal or business; name & signature.
- Vehicle is to be strictly used for project/program activities. Approval must be sought from the Finance & Admin Manager or Team Leader for any other use.
- No one is allowed to borrow or take any tools/equipment from the vehicle.
- No alcohol consumption & smoking allowed inside the vehicle.
- Seatbelts must be worn by all passengers in the vehicle at all times.
- The driver is responsible for cleaning up the vehicle after every trip.
HOW TO APPLY
Cuso International is committed to creating and fostering an inclusive culture. We strive to actively celebrate diversity, advance our equitable practices, and drive greater inclusion. We offer a comprehensive employee benefits package and insurance, generous days of paid time off, including vacation and sick days, and more.
Cuso International is committed to the integrity of our volunteers, interns, staff, managers, board members and subcontractors in preventing sexual violence in the way we operate. This is done through a defined framework, code of conduct, values and guiding principles, as well as Cooperation Canada’s Leaders’ Pledge.
Please click the "Apply for This Job" button to submit your application by January 23rd, 2023, at 11:59PM (EST). Expressions of interest should be sent in English. Your résumé and one-page cover letter should demonstrate how you meet all the essential and any desirable qualifications. Please note that a confirmation email will be generated once you submit your application, but it may be directed to your spam or junk folders of your email inbox.
Cuso International is an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from all qualified applicants. Accommodations will be provided at any stages of the hiring process upon request. Thank you for your interest in Cuso International.