INNIO is hiring a
· Provide technical assistance, failure analysis, and troubleshooting to Waukesha Technical Service personnel
· Foster knowledge sharing within the Technical Service team, by regularly gathering field issues and solutions and disseminating knowledge throughout the Service team
· Utilize myPlant to proactively identify engine issues and coordinate with Waukesha Tech Service personnel to perform the repairs
· Escalation of new issues to Engineering team for joint investigation and resolution of recurring issues
· Provide input into New Production Development programs based on field experiences, identifying documentation improvements to improve Service and Customer outcomes.
· Actively participate in the Issue Screening meetings
· Support software programming approvals and of asset and user management in the MyPlant back-office.
· Provide testing, analysis, technical support, and direction to other functional areas on resolving manufacturing, procurement, quality, service, and reliability problems as necessary
· Provide technical assistance, failure analysis, and troubleshooting to channel partners and customers for all engine control products via phone, email and through the Salesforce Issue Resolution system
· Coordinate the return of engine control components from the field for analysis
· Enter quality issues in the QC tools and participate in review meetings
· Participate in the root cause analysis process by providing data when requested, attending review meetings, providing VOC, and communicating solutions to the field
· Assist in activities related to new product support and CM&U introductions focused on engine control systems
· Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Engineering Technical Degree from a University or Technical College or Associate degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering with 1-3 years’ experience in related field
· Hiring location Waukesha, WI
· Ability and willingness to travel 10-20%
· Strong interest in internal combustion engines and engine controls
· Strong problem-solving skill set
· Ability to work within a cross-functional teams
· Organizational skills required to manage multiple projects and/or activities
· Demonstrated proficiency in technical writing, oral, listening and presentation skills
· Demonstrated electrical knowledge and familiarity with engine control components (sensors, actuators, etc)
· Working knowledge and experience with tools (scope, multimeter, etc)
· Basic communication knowledge and troubleshooting experience (MODBUS, CAN)
· Basic knowledge and function of control systems and interfaces, such as scan tools, HMIs, PC interface programs.
INNIO offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. INNIO is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.