We recommend applications be submitted via the Google Chrome browser if possible. If access to Chrome is not available, we encourage applicants to clear their browser cache and use the most updated, non-beta version of their browser.
Who is Water Mission?
Water Mission is a nonprofit Christian engineering organization that designs, builds, and implements safe water, sanitation, and hygiene (WASH) solutions for people in developing countries and disaster areas. Guided by love, excellence, and integrity, we are driven to share clean, safe water and God’s love with all. To date, we have served more than 7 million people in 57 countries. Working at Water Mission is as much a calling as it is a career, and we are searching for people with the courage, passion, and drive to help us change the world. Read more about our Statement of Faith and Christian Mission.
What is the opportunity?
Working under the direct supervision of the Regional Program Director, the Latin America and Caribbean (LAC) Programs Administrative Assistant is responsible for program controls and reporting program and project performance against success, budgets, and other metrics. This position provides direct support to the LAC programs for the NetSuite ERP system, accounting, and reporting. This is a full-time remote position based in the United States or Latin America with the possibility of up to 2-3 weeks of international travel per year to developing countries.
A successful LAC Programs Administrative Assistant will:
- Maintain a strong Christian witness to colleagues, vendors, donors, charitable beneficiaries, and the general public.
- Provide project tracking support for effective internal communication and reporting – examples include, but are not limited to:
- Contract Administration support
- Track Program performance goals
- Provide administrative and logistical support to country programs, including assisting with inventory control and international shipments.
- Provide logistical support and coordination for team calendars, events, travel, and accommodations for the LAC regional team.
- Provide support services for the creation of project impact reports for internal and external updates and publications.
- Work and communicate in a dynamic, multicultural work environment.
- Provide support to cover a variety of Programs functions including grant writing and analyzing metrics between country programs.
- Gain knowledge of Water Mission systems and standard operating procedures to support LAC country programs.
- Assist with documentation of Programs procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
What is Required?
- Personal and growing relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Alignment with Water Mission’s Statement of Faith and core values of Love, Excellence, and Integrity.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- 2+ years of experience required.
- High proficiency in Spanish and English.
- Legal authorization to work without sponsorship in the country where a home office will be established.
- Previous work experience in admin support preferred.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks efficiently fulfilling each task given in a timely manner.
- Ability to enthusiastically take on new challenges and areas of growth when needed.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software especially Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Willingness to represent Water Mission with dignity, maturity, and initiative at the highest levels.
- Ability to be a team player and act as a resource to staff in the LAC region.
- Ability and willingness to travel internationally up to three (3) weeks a year to developing countries. Most international trips require the ability to sit in a car traveling over rough terrain for long periods of time, to stand and walk for extended periods of time in hot weather, and to lift items up to 50 lbs.
- Home internet bandwidth strong enough to support video conferencing and other job-related responsibilities is required.