L2 IT Support Technician
We are looking for Technical Support Specialist to provide Level 2 enterprise-level assistance to our end user employees. You will diagnose and troubleshoot software and hardware problems and help our employees install applications and programs.
Technical Support Specialist responsibilities include resolving network issues, configuring operating systems and using remote desktop connections to provide immediate support. You will use email, text and chat applications to give clients quick answers to simple IT issues. For more complex problems that require nuanced instruction, you will contact clients via phone, text or chat and/or locally. Also, you must provide clear, written instructions and technical manuals.
If you’re naturally a helper, have a strong customer orientation and enjoy assisting people with computer issues whilst explaining technical details simply, we’d like to meet you.
Ultimately, you will be a person our employee’s trust. They will rely on you to provide timely and accurate solutions to their technical problems. The goal is to create a seamless, positive experience for our employees that in turn enables them to serve our external customers and the businesses they support.
- Research and identify solutions to software and hardware issues
- Diagnose and troubleshoot technical issues, including account setup and network configuration. Responsible for local hardware asset distribution and management.
- Smart Hands support for remote teams – Infrastructure and Network
- Ability to work to a script provided by a L3 resource.
- Comfortable carrying out work in comms cabinets, server racks, local DC, and telephony under the guidance of a L3 resource requesting support (Patching, equipment install and removal and configuration)
- Responsible for conference room, AV maintenance, and support for administration of manufacturing, quality and lab manufacturing applications.
- Ask customers targeted questions to quickly understand the root of the problem
- Own issues through to resolution, within agreed time limits
- Talk clients through a series of actions, either via phone, email or chat, until they’ve solved a technical issue
- Properly escalate unresolved issues to appropriate internal teams (e.g. software developers)
- Provide prompt and accurate feedback to customers
- Refer to internal database or external resources to provide accurate tech solutions
- Ensure all issues and outcomes are properly logged within the ticket management system
- Prioritize and manage several open issues at one time
- Follow up with clients to ensure their IT systems are fully functional after troubleshooting
- Document technical knowledge in the form of notes and manuals
- Maintain positive relationships with clients
- Identify and suggest possible improvements on process, procedures and or systems
- Degree in a relevant field, like Computer Science, IT or Software Engineering is desired
- High school or technical school diploma required
- 3+ years, including internships, in work experience in Technical Support, Desktop Support, IT Help Desk Technician or similar role
- Hands-on experience with Windows/Linux/Mac OS environments desired
- Good understanding of computer systems, mobile devices, and other tech products
- Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot basic technical issues
- Tech savvy with familiarity in remote desktop applications and help desk software (e.g. ServiceNow, etc.)
- Excellent problem-solving and communication skills
- Ability to provide step-by-step technical help, both written and verbal
- Additional certification in Microsoft, Linux, Cisco or similar technologies is a plus
- Flexibility to work in day and afternoon shifts.
INNIO offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. INNIO is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.