OUR MISSION & OUR TEAM
Opportunity Knocks exists to support people with different abilities as they live, work, learn, grow and connect within their community. We believe in a dynamic, person-centered and community-based approach to programming that engages the voice of all Warriors.
We believe in a dynamic, person-centered workforce that includes the voices of all varieties of humans. We strive to build our team with that ideal in mind. Everyone has something to offer this mission. Come bring what you have.
CLICK HERE for MORE ABOUT OK
ABOUT KNOCKOUT ENTERPRISE
OK currently offers a variety of evolving program options. Our vocational focus is on Knockout Enterprise. Our enterprise thrives in a blended work environment where people of all abilities work together to run a successful food-based business that features three connected initiatives: the Knockout Farm, Knockout Pickles, and Knockout Catering.
CLICK HERE for MORE ABOUT KNOCKOUT
POSITION TITLE: Knockout Enterprise Director
DIRECT SUPERVISOR: President
JOB PURPOSE: The Knockout Enterprise director will manage business operations and oversee a team of passionate food professionals in a blended ability workspace with a collective objective of operating a dynamic and innovative food business that connects a farm, a kitchen and a mission to create fulfilling jobs, high-quality food, and deep community connections.
- Operate within the guidelines of this job description.
- Understanding and commitment to the organization’s mission, goals, and philosophies
- Adhere to the standards and expectations set forth in the employee handbook
- Ability to commit to a full-time work schedule - mostly in-person, some remote flexibility
- Commitment, understanding and passion for organization’s mission
- Significant leadership experience in a professional setting is required
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong leadership and organizational skills, ability to work independently, and ability to work effectively with staff, board members, oversight agencies, community and funding sources, and the public.
- Requires continual attention to detail, establishing priorities and meeting deadlines, ability to work well under pressure, and ability to manage multiple tasks and demands.
- Bachelor’s Degree in hospitality, culinary arts, business administration, or a related field, is preferred
- Ideal candidate will have experience working/interacting with individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities; Experience working in a mixed-ability work environment preferred
- Professional and/or educational experience in managing catering and/or restaurant operations is preferred
- Professional and/or educational experience in canning, preserving, pickling and fermentation preferred
- Professional and/or educational experience in horticulture, sustainable agriculture is preferred
- Current Certified Food Protection Manager (CFPM) certification
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assume a leadership position in the process of developing the annual budget for enterprise
- Analyze periodic budget performance reports and develop action plans in response to review/results
- Maintain constant communication and support of coordinators in regard to budget performance and cash flow operations
- Oversee accounts receivable for all enterprise sales
- Participate in process of the annual organizational audit
- Assume a leadership position in the process of developing marketing materials, content development for website and social media platforms
- Ensure brand management guidelines are clearly communicated to staff who will participate in presenting product to the public
- Ensure that our products and marketing are installed, maintained and presented consistent with our guidelines expectations
- Work with partners that carry our products/services to build strong relationships, ensure quality installation of product, brand, partner and customer experience
Strategy & Performance Measurement
- Assume leadership role in developing metrics and key performance indicators that monitor enterprise impact
- Maintain, update and report detail of metrics to manager, board and marketing team for presentation to stakeholders
- Work collaboratively with the other members of the social enterprise team to execute the enterprise strategy
- Work collaboratively within organizational planning initiatives to represent enterprise and establish synergy and connection to other programming and administrative activities
Crops, Menus & Product Lines
- Develop and oversee execution of annual sales and marketing strategy for all Knockout activities
- Assume leadership role in coordinating development of crop plans on the Knockout Farm, Menu plans in Knockout Catering and product line in Knockout Pickles
- Establish partnerships for procurement of supply, equipment, materials as needed; oversee coordinators in operational management of those partnerships once established
- Assume leadership role in development of sustainable practices in all Knockout activities
Projects & Strategic Partnerships
- Ensure all facilities where enterprise operates are properly licensed, certified and insured, as required by state, county, municipal jurisdictions
- Take lead in research, development and acquisitions of major equipment purchases
- Take lead in research, development and execution of projects related to enterprise activities, locations, premises, etc.
- Manage administrative oversight of point of purchase strategy
- Oversee feedback mechanisms
- Ensure quality control and customer satisfaction processes are effective and yielding strong results
Team Management & Supported Employment
- Assume leadership role in the recruitment and hiring process of enterprise team
- Assume leadership role in onboarding, orientation and continuing education/training of employees
- Manage enterprise coordinators
- Take leadership role in developing supported employment strategy for Warriors at Work, focusing on installing organizational and individual goals
- Ensure execution of supported employment assessments and performance reviews; Analyze the outcomes and develop action plans in response to those outcomes
- Work collaboratively with the OK leadership team to formalize an annual professional development plan
- Manage HR-related duties, as needed
OK COMMITMENT TO INCLUSION-DIVERSITY-EQUITY
We will take a mindful and active role to ensure that we achieve diversity in all aspects of our organization and our work. Such diversity will reflect the culturally rich and vibrant community that we represent. We will openly welcome people of all backgrounds and seek to foster a culture of respect, openness, learning, integrity, and honesty.