The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you!
The Role: The project manager plans, executes, and delivers all Datacenter related projects on time, in budget, and within scope in accordance with business priorities. Throughout the lifecycle of each project, the manager tracks project status and manages project teams to mitigate issues and risks.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Direct complex Datacenter projects that may involve multiple internal and external stakeholders
- Develop the project charter, integrated project plan, resource plan, contingency plan, and related project management artifacts
- Evaluate trade-offs between project size and complexity, cost, urgency, risk, and stakeholder value
- Review financial forecasts and provide on-going reconciliation of resources and other related project expenditures
- Partner with business sponsors to define success metrics and criteria
- Facilitate all operational checkpoint activities throughout the lifecycle of projects
- Assess and resolve all high priority project risks as they are encountered
- Ensure all projects adhere to project methodology compliance standards set by the company
- Continually update relevant business stakeholder of project status and periodically publish project status reports
- Serve as a subject matter expert to regularly brief key stakeholders on different aspects of assigned initiatives
- Represent the project in various project governance and inter-departmental forums
- Define and track project milestones while developing, maintaining, and reporting on an overall integrated delivery plan
- Ensure all projects meet success parameters and key performance indicators (KPIs)
- Ensure realistic and reliable resource plans across the project, focusing on the availability and commitment of appropriately skilled resources
- Clarify, identify, and track requirements and issues, resolve minor project issues and escalate as appropriate
- Partners with and work closely with global Datacenter leaders on project related needs
- Partners with and work closely with Vendor Management Office on project related needs
- Partners with and work closely with Project Management Office on project status report and project bids
- Able to partner with and communicate effectively with other teams, securing project resources and managing project lifecycle
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- 1-5 years of project management experience
- Bachelor’s Degree Business, Computer Science, MIS or related work experience
- Strong project management skills, including the ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines
- Strong planning, organizational, and leadership skills, including the ability to mobilize and motivate teams, set direction and approach, resolve conflict, deliver tough messages with grace, and execute with limited information and ambiguity
- Excellent problem-solving and critical-thinking skills, including the ability to remove barriers and enable teams to complete their objectives
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to communicate at all levels with clarity and precision
- Strong influencing and negotiation skills, including the ability to navigate in a highly matrixed organization effectively
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to make effective presentations, and proven ability to quickly earn the trust of sponsors and key stakeholders
- Focused and versatile team player who is comfortable under pressure, ambiguity, frequent change, or unpredictability
- Sound business and technical acumen
- Demonstrated experience in establishing and delivering complex IT projects
- Experienced in partnering with key stakeholders to identify and address project issues
- Project Management certification (e.g., PMP/PMI)
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, Working Parents Networks and Non-Native English Speakers and Allies.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
(The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters and must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Work is generally conducted in an office environment.
- Regularly required to sit, stand, walk and reach with hands and arms.
- Frequently required to communicate orally.
- Ability to use hands and fingers dexterously to operate office equipment.
- Vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
- May require travel to project sites.
- Work may require lifting up to 35 lbs.
- Employee use of personal protective equipment (PPE) may be required in certain situations.
- Employee must comply with all local regulations and published Company work rules as well as written instructions.
- Office: Florescent lighting, dust, recycled air, cooling fans, semi-enclosed areas, central heating, seasonal warmer temperatures and office noise
- Shop: In locations with a factory or shop floor, exposure to factory/shop and machinery.
- Travel: Approximately 25%
_Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.