PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
As the IT & Technology For Development Officer (IT&T4D), you are responsible for both the internal IT system and support to the program in promoting the technology applications in project initiatives. You will spend 50% working time for ensuring the internal network and system smoothly and efficiently functioned in compliance with ChildFund IT’s strategy/policy, and spend 50% time remain for exploring potential digital means for effective programme delivery and promoting T4D related initiatives in project interventions, contributing to the reputation of the ChildFund in Vietnam’s work as a thought leader in its specialist areas of focus: child rights and child protection, education, health and wellbeing for children.
- Monitor and maintain computer systems and networks to ensure efficiency, security and data safety for the whole IT system and propose necessary upgrade/change if needed;
- Ensure the whole system and ChildFund data are backed up both onsite and offsite;
- Troubleshoot and diagnose and solve hardware/software faults. Keep a logbook of problems and solutions;
- Advise users in day to day IT problems and manage the Office 365 system; Provide technical support for the use of any software used within the organisation;
- Provide recommendation to the admin team for the best sources of availability of various products and service required by the organisation, update system documents;
- Proactively monitor and recommend changes to improve processes and policies, bringing new ideas and solutions to improve IT services to the organisation; Maintain an inventory of hardware and software used and related licenses;
- Work closely with the program team to explore opportunities and provide technical and administrative support in the identification, assessment, and integration of potential technology initiatives into programming;
- Provide support and technical assistance to Specialist in working with technology suppliers to adapt technology and innovative solutions in projects, when required;
- Support the MEL team to develop relevant tools and system for internal M&E works;
- Build capacity of program staff and partners in analyzing the large amounts of data generated through T4D initiatives including the use of data visualization techniques and analytics tools, to enhance the technology competencies, capacities, and knowledge within the organisation;
- Represent ChildFund Vietnam at relevant workshops, establishing appropriate
- Information-sharing and learning networking in Vietnam and internationally.
Remain alert and responsive to any child safeguarding or sexual exploitation, abuse or harassment (SEAH) risks, acquire relevant knowledge and skills to promote strong safeguarding practices, understand the child safeguarding and PSEAH policy and procedures, and conduct yourself consistent with those policies.
NECESSARY QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- University qualification in Information System, Computer Science, Digital Development or related field;
- At least 5 years of IT work experience.
- Proven experience of IT solution consultation, implementation, and integration including supervising external vendors and software developers; responsibility for business analysis, budgets, contracts, project management and procurement;
- Experience in network maintenance, Azure platform, Microsoft Office 365, knowledge management, computer troubleshooting, and data back-up & security.
DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Strong coordination skills with creative minded with knowledge of current trends & developments in IT & T4D.
- Experience in the development and implementation of IT projects;
- Microsoft or Cisco certifications
- Excellent communication skills;
- Strong accounting and mathematical abilities;
- Good time management skill to perform multi-tasks at the same time and meet deadlines;
- Good English skill;
- Ability to undertake detaild activities with accuracy;
- Ability to develop requests for and evaluate proposal in reference to leading-adge information service technology.
- Competitive salary package (including 13th and 14th-month salary);
- 15 days of annual leave for 1st year and 20 days for 2nd year onwards;
- Flexible working time;
- Comprehensive Health Care insurance for staff and dependent(s).
For further details, please see the Position Description.
Please be noted that the position is only open to Vietnamese candidates. People with disabilities are encouraged to apply for the position through ChildFund’s competitive hiring process.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 04/05/2023