Mainstream Renewable Power is a leading pure-play renewable energy company, with wind and solar assets across global markets, including in Latin America, Africa, and Asia-Pacific. Our mission is to accelerate the global transition to renewable energy by delivering clean, affordable and reliable energy at scale. We are one of the most successful developers of gigawatt-scale renewables platforms, across onshore wind, offshore wind, and solar power generation with a global portfolio of 27 GW. In May 2021, Aker Horizons acquired a majority stake in Mainstream, and in April 2022, Mitsui & Co., Ltd. joined Aker Horizons as a long-term strategic investor. We currently employ over 600 people across 5 continents, and we are always looking for ambitious, driven, and talented people to join us on our mission to drive forward the energy transition.
Mainstream Renewable Power is seeking to recruit a Part-Time HR Generalist - 9 Month Maternity Cover to join the HR Team in Dublin. The ideal candidate is already working in an HR environment and is now looking for an exciting opportunity within an entrepreneurial and fast-moving organisation where they can continue to grow their skills and thereby contribute to the ongoing development of the HR function at Mainstream. The role is varied and will offer the successful candidate exposure to all aspects of the HR function in an international growing business.
Key Responsibilities and Activities
Payroll & Benefits:
- Review payroll administration for Ireland, UK, Spain and Germany, update current documentation and maintain up-to-date documentation.
- Liaise with payroll agencies and the Mainstream Finance Department
- Liaise with benefits providers on all administration requirements in respect of pension, travel tickets, bike to work etc.
- Support employees in the completion of documentation related to various benefits plans.
- Maintain records and reconciliations on Payroll, Pension, Risk, and Death & Disability schemes.
- Support bonus administration and process.
- Issue bonus letters.
- Support the process of issuing Share Options.
- Support the current HR Team on all HR initiatives
- Support the Bi-Annual Finance Audit Process by providing necessary HR information.
- HR Newsletter submissions – New Joiner Posts, Training, D&I Wellness Initiatives & EAP
- Update Bamboo HR, Check missing data report monthly; chase up essential data e.g. Emergency Contacts, Photos uploaded, Movers – updated titles, reporting lines, salary details etc.
- Preparation to completion of Probation letters, promotion, salary increase letters or contract updates.
- Processing of monthly HR invoices and tracking of HR costs.
- Liaise with candidates between offer acceptance and first day
- Manage Day 1 – Month 3 inductions and survey
- Global Induction
- Month 1 Values Presentation
- Review and update current Day 1 – Month 3 inductions
Ad Hoc/Quarterly activities as follows:
- Collate Training Needs Analysis
- Co-ordinate training courses as required
- Report on training records for employees
- Develop and assist in the coordination of Employee Induction
- Deliver induction training for new hires
- Mentor Programme
HR Policies & Procedures:
- Assist the HR team in the preparation and maintenance of the HR Policies & Procedures for Europe.
- Maintain and update Staff Handbook for Europe.
- Support benchmarking of policies
- Work with Comp. & Ben Specialist to ensure documentation is updated and maintained for all HR processes
- Annual leave reconciliations
- Support ISO audits
Key Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Payroll and DC pension experience essential.
- Attention to detail and an openness to working to tight deadlines while prioritising workload.
- Third-level graduate with a CIPD-recognised qualification or part-qualified in HR and working toward a CIPD qualification.
- Minimum 3 years working in an HR Department.
- Excellent IT skills, particularly Excel, Word, and SharePoint with an ability to learn new systems. Knowledge of Bamboo HR an advantage.
- Excellent planning, organising and communication skills.
- Ambitious with a genuine desire to learn and to improve processes and systems.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality on all matters.
- Experience managing recruitment and using recruitment systems and tools.
Why you really should click that button
We offer you the opportunity to work in a dynamic and entrepreneurial organisation, to be part of a diverse workplace with regards to gender, age and cultural background in the most exciting industry in the world today. You will receive a very competitive total benefits package including an excellent base salary, bonus scheme and share options.
- Training opportunities
- Secondment and relocation opportunities
- Career progression (16% promotions across the Group in 2021)
Shared financial success
- A competitive, industry benchmarked and cost-of-living linked salary, reviewed annually
- Annual bonus
- Share options
- WFH in a hybrid working arrangement
- Allowance for WFH set-up
True diversity & inclusion
- Equal opportunity targets
- GWEC Women in Wind and Mainstream Women in Renewables programmes
- You can be you, whatever your gender, colour or sexual orientation
Care for health & wellbeing
- Generous health insurance coverage and allowance where applicable
These are just some of the reasons why we are officially certified as a Great Place to Work.