As Chief Financial Officer you will be part of the Offshore Management Team and report directly to Head of Offshore / General Manager Offshore. Ad-hoc travel to Dublin/ Oslo and other offshore regions will be required.
To further strengthen the Offshore Management Team, we are seeking an experienced and impactful Chief Financial Officer who will be instrumental in the future development of Offshore Wind in Mainstream Renewable Power.
As Chief Financial Officer, you will act as a strong business partner to the Head of Offshore and the rest of the Management Team, and as part of the team be responsible for the strategic direction, achieving commercial success and securing sustainable business growth and profitability. The role is expected to align and collaborate with the Group CFO / Head of Finance on all Finance related activities.
You will further:
- work closely with the business, including the Head of Commercial, M&A and Strategy, Offshore to develop the offshore portfolio based on organic growth as well as M&A, tendering, joint ventures with associated financing strategies
- be responsible for the region’s financial activities, incl. accounting and tax, controlling, investment controlling, and financial management and for interaction with Group Finance in Dublin on these matters.
- Manage and maintain financial oversight of joint venture interests within the Offshore business, which may include sitting on joint venture boards.
- monitor and articulate the company’s financial condition, assessing the financial implications of proposed actions and assist operational management in the use of financial tools for planning and analyzing operations
- ensure completion of finance integration and alignment with Mainstream policies and procedures and manage third party and /or related party services and associated costs
- manage and further develop a strong, but lean finance organization in support of business growth, ensuring that financial aspects of plans, operations and risks are appropriately measured and mitigated
- play a key role in dealing with stakeholders, financial institutions and other external stakeholders
- Play a key role, together with the Commercial M&A and strategy team, in securing project financing and potentially external financing or finance partners for the offshore business
- Ownership of the Offshore Business Plan, offshore budget, and funding of offshore legal entities and projects
- Secure compliance and implement approved budgets in offshore region
- Support early development and project activities with financial modelling, financial analysis and evaluations
- Provide cold-eye review on offshore strategy and development
- Secure compliance to company wide approval processes such as RIC
Who are you?
- Experience from the renewable energy production sector (Experience from wind business is preferable)
- Understanding of the complexity of the financing side/regulations in the renewable energy space
- A documented strong finance / commercial background with experience from a similar role as CFO including experience from developing and implementing best-in-class management reporting and, driving the finance business agenda in line with the overall strategy achieving a successful commercial outcome
- The ability to challenge status quo, drive a transformation agenda and consider / maintain financial oversight of M&A transactions/partnerships / joint ventures
- The full toolbox of functional skills, including accounting, business controlling, reporting, both internally and externally, business analysis, performance management, tax, treasury, cash flow management, and auditing. Strong analytical skills with the ability to turn data into insights and action
- A true business mindset, understanding the key drivers behind top and bottom-line growth as well as all aspects of the balance sheet and cash flow
- A hands-on attitude, understanding what it takes to be part of a lean start-up company with limited support structures
- Excellent leadership skills with the ability to attract, motivate and develop the team
- Excellent cooperation, influencing and decision-making skills, high integrity and the ability to effectively communicate and build consensus with internal and external stakeholders
- Commercially savvy and continuously focused on value creation by sparring/challenging the business, thus driving performance and operational excellence
- A visionary, energetic and execution-oriented self-starter who can bring new ideas and drive your own initiatives
- A confident and passionate leader with emotional intelligence and the ability to motivate and inspire others
- Highly personable, culturally savvy, and good at building relationships
- Structured, systematic and able to work under pressure
Location: Dublin, Oslo or any other Mainstream office with offshore presence.