Play an active part in creating a sustainable future by joining Climate Fund Managers' Africa team based in Claremont, Western Cape South Africa.
Climate Fund Managers (CFM) is a leading blended finance fund manager dedicated to securing a sustainable future by investing across global emerging markets. CFM has a long-term vision to structure cutting edge financing facilities around thematic areas of climate change mitigation and adaptation, including renewable energy, water, sanitation, and oceans. CFM is established as a joint venture between the Dutch development bank FMO and Sanlam InfraWorks – part of the Sanlam Group of South Africa.
We provide financing solutions across the entire project lifecycle (development, construction, and operational stages). With our offices in The Netherlands, South Africa, Singapore, and Latin America we believe in a world where sustainable investing and profitability are not mutually exclusive.
We are seeking Investment Analysts to support our activities in Africa. The roles will be part of our African Transaction team which is responsible for growing CFM across the region by sourcing, developing, negotiating and closing renewable energy opportunities.
- Support Transactors across all facets of deal activity and process life cycles
- Implement and Maintain the documentation management system including all relevant due diligence and project content
- Manage processes associated with compliance, governance and internal approvals such as KYC and anti-money laundering checks
- Knowledge manager for the Transaction database
- Preparation of project finance models and appropriate analysis as necessary
- Financial analysis of potential financing structures
- Preparation of investment proposals for the Investment Committee
- Implementation of due diligence work-streams
- Co-ordination of input required for reports for the Board and Investors
- Research of power / energy market across the region
- Honours Financial degree or equivalent
- 2 years’ experience within Private Equity or Investment Banking (M&A, corporate finance or project finance)
- Strong financial modelling skills and attention to detail
- Financial acumen – the capacity to demonstrate knowledge of and insight into financial principles and processes and identify inconsistencies in data
- Ability to apply sound business judgment and an analytical, pragmatic and creative approach to problem solving
- Ability to plan and prioritise effectively: strong project / process management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (proficiency in French is not required but would be a distinguishing competency)
- Technically proficient (Advanced) in Excel, Word, PowerPoint essential.
- Intrinsically motivated by the mission of CFM
- Invests high levels of energy in work
- Flexible & dynamic – self-starter, results driven, ability to deal with change
- Highly organised and structured, logical and lateral thinker.
- Team player, with exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to influence and add value.
- Excellent intellectual and conceptual abilities
- Excellence orientation (concern for high-quality work) – Follow-through; the motivation to ensure the highest standards of quality and productivity are consistently maintained
Are you interested in this role? In order to apply, please send us your updated resume together with a motivation letter.