Common Purpose is hiring an
Are you an experienced finance professional, looking to step into an exciting international role?
Common Purpose, an international not-for-profit leadership development organization, runs programmes in over 100 cities worldwide offering participants the knowledge, skills and inspiration to cross boundaries, solve complex problems and become more active and engaged leaders in society.
We are currently looking for you, a dynamic and ambitious professional, who shares our values and is passionate about leadership development. You'll be working in the Finance team, managing business in Asia and the US, and developing your skills hugely. You will also be able to work cross-culturally and be able to easily engage with people from different backgrounds and perspectives.
This is a full-time permanent role based in Bangalore, India at Rs. 18 - 20 lakhs per annum dependent on experience.
As the International Financial Controller you will:
• Manage the day to day operations of the Finance function covering entities in India, Singapore, Hong Kong, Australia and the US
• Manage the local (Bangalore) team, including development and training, monthly one-to-one supervisions and annual appraisals
• Lead on the production of financial and management accounts for international entities
• Lead on the management of grant income and expenditure across the international entities
• Lead on the external audit for the international companies acting as a key liaison between the group company and the auditors
You bring this experience with you:
• Problem solving and curiosity – you are not afraid to take on new and complex challenges
• Robust IT skills – you can work with VBA and/or SQL and are comfortable working across different IT systems
• A team player – you can understand others and can motivate and manage particularly during busy times
• Adaptable – you are comfortable with working across different legal jurisdictions
• Experience – qualified / part qualified accountant with a recognised (ideally global) accountancy body
• Open to change – you are willing to consider alternative approaches to situations, and to move fast
What we offer in return:
• A competitive salary of between Rs. 18 - 20 lakhs per annum dependent on experience along with EPF benefits.
• 25 days of paid annual leave + 14 days of public holidays per annum
• This is a remote position and our Flex@CP policy gives you the unique advantage of scheduling your work day based on individual preference in line with team requirement.
• Global organisation with multiple work experience exposure
• Diverse culture, working with driven individuals who will support you at every stage of your learning journey with us
• You will gain access to our materials, thought leadership and programmes.
• Supportive environment with our internal training designed to upskill, develop and enhance your learning.
• Working environment that values excellence
• EAP (Employee Assistance Programme) – if and when needed
• Headspace for work – a mindfulness based mental health app
Sound interesting? Please send us your CV and cover letter – we will not consider applications without a cover letter clearly outlining why your experience, aptitude and skills align with this role and Common Purpose.
Common Purpose is willing to consider candidates from any background provided they can demonstrate the relevance of their skills and experience.