Pact is an international nonprofit that works in nearly 40 countries building solutions for human development that are evidence-based, data-driven and owned by the communities we serve. Founded in 1971, Pact works with partners to build resilience, improve accountability, and strengthen knowledge and skills for sustainable social impact.
Communications (COMM) - Pact strives for a world where all people are heard, capable, and vibrant. The Integrated Communications department helps realize this objective by supporting organizational and project level communications across Pact.
The Internal Communications Senior Specialist works closely with staff across the organization to support communication activities that build understanding of organizational goals and priorities, foster engagement among employees and drive alignment across the organization. The Senior Specialist is responsible for implementing communication plans and messages for our employees around the globe, as well as contributing relevant internal content for external communications. Key partners and collaborators include Pact’s Employee Engagement Officer, Integrated Communications team, and Global Human Resources, as well as others.
The right candidate will possess an outgoing, collaborative personality and will have experience implementing a range of communication activities. They will have the personal qualities necessary to drive change, engage leadership in intentional communication and support development of new communication approaches and tools.
- Implement an internal communications plan with tactical deliverables to drive engagement and ownership of the mission, culture and organizational priorities.
- Support the creation of messaging and manage processes/protocols for internal communications that drive two-way dialogue between leadership and employees.
- Execute a regular, strategically developed cadence of internal meetings and engagement opportunities, providing a predictable opportunity for staff to learn about the full range of our work, and to hear from a variety of leaders and staff from around Pact. This includes global and DC staff meetings and townhalls.
- Provide compelling information on organizational progress and results to employee audiences via Pact’s intranet (Mosaic) and other channels.
- Manage elements of Pact’s intranet, including homepage organizational updates and the newsroom, and serve on the Mosaic Council.
- Collaborate with colleagues to facilitate staff engagement during major communications moments (e.g., World AIDS Day, International Women’s Day), as appropriate.
- Evaluate results and assess activities, including Mosaic (Pact’s intranet), employee surveys, events and other tools, and use data to propose and test new solutions.
- Provide guidance and support to leaders of internal Communities of Practice on establishing and running these groups, and broaden staff knowledge about and interest in COPs.
- Coordinate Global Communicators Community of Practice, fostering coordination, sharing and collaboration among communicators across Pact.
- Share technical knowledge with colleagues who need assistance developing internal communications plans and tactics.
- Review and edit internal factsheets, policies and other resources for clarity, consistency and alignment with Pact’s messaging and strategy.
- Manage Pact’s internal email approval system.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree with at least six (6+) years work experience or Master's degee with at least four (4+) years work experience.
- Experience working in a diverse, multi-cultural organization.
- Professional demeanor, emotional maturity and passion to help others.
- Trustworthy and credible.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, ability to build rapport and attention to detail.
Knowledge of international development sector.
International experience and sensitivities.
Ability to balance competing priorities and strong project management skills.
French, Spanish or Swahili language skills desirable.
Experience overseeing and coordinating with international offices.
Ability to role model and inspire collaboration and engagement.
Relationship builder with people across cultures.
Innovation and creativity in messages and modes of delivery.