- The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
- a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
The Role: Xylem seeks to hire a Finance Analyst Intern to join our team for a Summer 2023 internship. This position would execute on various tasks and projects within the finance function as well as aid in the quarterly close and the preparation for the second quarter earnings release.
Xylem Summer Internships typically last 10-12 weeks and are an opportunity to get hands-on, professional experience while making a lasting contribution to Xylem as an organization. Our internship program is intended to create a pipeline of talented undergraduate students who are interested in a career in the water innovation technology industry. Interns are our primary talent pool for all full-time early career positions and rotational programs. The Summer Internship is a great opportunity to learn more about Xylem and see if a career in water technology is right for you.
The hourly rate for an intern is dependent on a variety of factors including major, year in school and geographic location. The average hourly rate for an intern is between $21.00 - $27.00/hour. Locations of internships will vary based on the specified project and function, and will either be on-site, hybrid or fully remote.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Primarily assist the Accounting, FP&A, Internal Audit, Strategy & Investor Relations teams with various projects in the finance function and also aid in preparation of materials for the 2Q Earnings Release.
- Accumulating and analyzing results from Xylem’s businesses
- Updating Presentations, Scripts, Releases and other materials
- Creating reports and analysis as needed
- Research of peer company reports
- Serve as liaison for the department and coordinate across multiple functions
- Ability to communicate ideas for improving company processes with a positive and constructive attitude
- Demonstrates basic problem solving abilities, coupled with a desire to take on responsibility
- Confident self-starter with ability to prioritize and manage yourself to get things done with minimal oversight
- Assist the Investor Relations & FP&A teams with various finance projects including sustainability research, peer research & analysis, process improvements, and other items.
- Assist in Strategy projects or M&A deals (as applicable).
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Attending an accredited University studying toward a Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum rising junior in standing
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Concentration in Finance, Accounting, or business/economics
- Knowledge of project planning methodologies such as critical path planning.
- Knowledge of computers and database/spreadsheet/ word processing software
- Knowledge of basic query functions for the purpose of report creation
- Knowledge of PowerPoint and basic presentation tools
- Excellent communications skills
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Problem solving skills
- Ability to take responsibility and function under minimal supervision
- Ability to work with wide range of people
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.