Are you someone with strong leadership and technical capabilities? Do you enjoy building relationships and working collaboratively in a team environment with both internal and external stakeholders? Are you a trusted partner and a problem solver? If you enjoy entrepreneurship and innovation, this opportunity is for you! As someone with excellent communication skills and business acumen, you will thrive in our fast-paced and agile environment.
Dillon’s Environmental Sciences technical group is looking for an Intermediate Environmental Professional or Technician/Technologist to join our multidisciplinary team of professionals. You will have the opportunity to work on new and exciting projects while providing clients with a fully integrated and superior customer experience.
At Dillon, we operate as one team. This position is available in any of our following offices: Y****ellowknife. Calgary, Edmonton, Ottawa, Saint John, Fredericton or Halifax. This role can be completed remotely, but travel to the North will be required as there is support required in the Northwest Territories and possibly in Nunavut as well.
What your day will look like
Project Management and Technical Activities (87%)
- Coordinate and manage environmental projects including field activities on Phase I and II environmental site assessments (ESAs) and hydrogeological assessments, soil and groundwater sampling, surface water and sediment sampling, soil vapour/indoor air sampling, designated substances/hazardous materials and remediation projects
- Comply with applicable health and safety procedures and guidelines
- Coordinate and manage relationships with laboratories, clients, subcontractors, third-party stakeholders
- Contribute expertise and analyse data including: data tables, borehole logs, test pit logs, GIS/CAD, spreadsheet calculations, figures
- Lead and coordinate report writing and preparation of technical memos, letters, reports and proposals
Business Development (10%)
- Lead the development and enhancement of relationships with existing clients
- Lead the identification and development of new business opportunities with both private and public sector clients
- Business travel may be required from time to time
- Support office based committees or other corporate initiatives
Learning and Development (3%)
- Commit to self-development and ongoing learning and professional development.
- Input to the career development of junior staff, including technical direction, training recommendations, coaching and mentoring.
- Contribute to Dillon’s corporate profile through active participation in professional associations and committees.
- A degree or technical college certificate/diploma in geology, environmental engineering, environmental sciences, hydrogeology, or another relevant environmental science or engineering discipline
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in environmental consulting
- Licensed or eligible to apply to practice as Professional Engineer or Professional Geoscientist will be considered an asset
- Valid driver’s license license for travelling to / from project sites
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in multidisciplinary team
- Data compilation, interpretation and report writing
- Knowledge in several of the following disciplines: geology, hydrogeology, field procedures, basic chemistry, contracting/construction, chemistry, geotechnical concerns, remediation engineering, site characterization, waste management, landfill design, health and safety will be considered an asset
- Experience working around heavy equipment, including drill rigs and excavators will be considered an asset
- Knowledge of relevant provincial and federal environmental legislation and policies
- Strong working knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite of products
Why choose Dillon
Dillon is powered by people who are technically proficient, passionate about socially important projects, and motivated to deliver superior, tangible results. We strive to remain at the forefront of technology and innovation, and are empowered to continually grow and develop.
We live our core values:
- Reliability: words result in actions that build trust;
- Achievement: do the work to hit the target;
- Continuous development: always learning; always adapting; always growing;
- Creativity: discover new possibilities;
- Courage: do the things that matter, especially when it’s hard;
- Inclusiveness: enabling belonging to draw strength from our differences.
In addition, we offer:
- Employee share purchase plan
- Dillon is 100% employee owned and share ownership is open to all employees.
- A competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive health benefits
- Generous retirement savings plan
- Student loan repayment assistance with matching employer contributions
- Flexible work hours and remote working options
- Dillon values its staff and the contributions that are made each day and understands that work arrangements can differ based on personal needs and business needs. We are taking a trust-based approach to oﬀer a variety of ﬂexible and remote work options to help balance the competing demands of work and personal life.
- Learning and Development opportunities
- As a knowledge-based business, the organic growth of our knowledge and skills occur through our work performance and roles. The creation and sharing of knowledge allows us to take local knowledge to scale, capture lessons learned through experience, and continuously improve service delivery. The development of self and others is an evident and measured core behaviour within our organization.
- We use a composite approach to development including coaching to build the how, mentoring to share lessons, advising to round out perspectives, and co-creation of knowledge through internal, learning opportunities.
- Focus on Innovation
- The ability to anticipate, examine, and adopt new and innovative solutions is a crucial driver for the continual and progressive advancement of our business performance. In our culture, people are empowered to reflect and question current practices and seek forward looking solutions to today’s problems and tomorrow’s opportunities.
- Employee and Family Assistance program
- A variety of EFAP tools and online resources to support well-being are available to all employees.
- Wellness Subsidy
- Our employees can take advantage of wellness subsidy that can be put towards expenses for a variety of health and/or wellness related activities such as gym membership, purchase of home fitness equipment, yoga classes and dance classes
Dillon is a proudly Canadian, employee-owned, professional consulting firm specializing in planning, engineering, environmental science and management. We partner with clients to provide committed, collaborative, and inventive solutions to complex, multi-faceted projects. With over 20 offices and more than 900 employees across Canada, Dillon offers a wide range of services related to building and improving facilities and infrastructure, protecting the environment, and developing communities.
Now operating for over 75 years, we continue to strive for excellence in everything we do. Dillon has been listed as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies for the past 15 years and has the distinction of having achieved Platinum Club member status in this program.
Employment Equity, Diversity & Inclusion at Dillon:
Dillon is committed to the principles of employment equity, inclusiveness, and diversity within our organization. We strive to achieve a workplace where opportunities are based on skills and abilities and that respects and values differences.
Inclusion is more than a word to us, it is the way we choose to run our business.
Please connect with us if you require accommodation in the interview process. We would love to hear from you!