Put your passion and skills to work for the planet. Climate change is the most urgent issue of our time, and we need people like you to help us build a vital Earth — for everyone.
We’re Environmental Defense Fund, a fast-paced nonprofit with a growing staff of more than 1,000 people in nearly 30 countries. We deliver game-changing solutions that cut climate pollution and strengthen people’s ability to thrive despite the effects climate change is already having. We work wherever we can have the most impact, from local communities to top companies to governments worldwide, and even in space.
Our culture, values and commitment to diversity make EDF an exciting and meaningful place to work. Every job here makes a difference. Won’t you join us?
The Institutional Giving Coordinator is a support function working closely with senior fundraisers to provide the top notch administrative and project management skills needed to cultivate, solicit, and steward EDF’s most generous donors. The ideal candidate will draw on previous experience, bringing project and grant administration skills, as well as research capacity, financial acumen and an analytical mindset to support a principal-level portfolio.
Department, Location and Reporting
The Institutional Giving (IG) team sits within EDF’s Development Department. The Development Department raises 90% of EDF’s $250M+ budget annually; the IG team is responsible for raising a significant portion of the department’s revenue. This position will be located in EDF’s New York, Washington DC, or Boston office.
- Work closely with 2-3 portfolio managers to cultivate, solicit and steward a portfolio of donors by contributing to development of funder materials—e.g., proposals, reports, email updates, financial reports and other financial information, etc.
- In coordination with portfolio managers and program staff, develop realistic and efficient timelines for donor products, and manage process workflow for these materials, working across departments, organizational hierarchy, cultures and time zones.
- Compose drafts, proofread and/or edit funder materials as well as internal communications, using the highest writing standards, utmost accuracy and EDF’s style and messaging.
- Maintain timely and accurate donor information in EDF’s Salesforce database.
- Maintain financial projections, as well as track and analyze various fundraising metrics and activities.
- Assist with donor research, and keep abreast of EDF’s priorities to help portfolio managers identify alignment with funding opportunities.
- Provide top-notch administrative support including processing and tracking department correspondence; scheduling, attending and taking notes for internal meetings; scheduling supervisor’s and team members’ meetings and travel; and completing expense reports for Sr. IG Officers.
- Participate in advancing EDF DEI goals in which people from all backgrounds and experiences feel connected, included, and empowered to address the environmental and organizational challenges in alignment with EDF values
- A minimum of three years of administrative fundraising and project management experience, preferably in a non-profit or academic setting. A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university is a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to compose, edit, and expertly proofread donor materials and correspondence, among other documents; exceptional attention to detail.
- Experience reviewing and analyzing financial reports strongly preferred.
- Strong strategic and analytical skills and the ability to write clearly and concisely.
- Excellent judgement and interpersonal skills, including the ability to maintain tact, diplomacy, and confidentiality while representing the organization and interfacing with all levels of staff, volunteers, funders, and vendors.
- The ability to work effectively across a complex, dynamic organization and among geographically dispersed colleagues.
- Demonstrated initiative and creativity; the ability to work independently as well as within a team.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook, and with donor database(s) required; experience with Salesforce preferred.
- Commitment to the mission of Environmental Defense Fund.
- Demonstrates self-awareness, cultural competency and inclusivity, and ability to work with colleagues and stakeholders across diverse cultures and backgrounds.
We offer a strong total rewards package encompassing competitive salary, robust benefits, and professional development opportunities consistent with a modern global organization. We take into account factors such as candidate experience, skills, training, internal team equity and local norms.
The pay range for this role is shown below.
Please note that pay ranges are country specific. As a result, the stated currency is not meant be converted into any other currency.
Environmental Defense Fund is an equal opportunity employer where an applicant's qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law.