Holcim builds progress for people and the planet. As a global leader in innovative and sustainable building solutions, Holcim is enabling greener cities, smarter infrastructure and improving living standards around the world. With sustainability at the core of its strategy Holcim is becoming a net zero company, with its people and communities at the heart of its success. The company is driving circular construction as a world leader in recycling to build more with less. Holcim is 70,000 people around the world who are passionate about building progress for people and the planet through four business segments: Cement, Ready-Mix Concrete, Aggregates and Solutions & Products.
No agencies can be considered for this job posting, and no agency involvement is required unless contractually assigned.
We are open to considering various locations for this position, please clearly indicate your place of residence and/or willingness to move to specific locations in your application.
As we continue to look for more sustainable ways to build, we need world-class talent to join our team. People who are passionate about sustainability, driven by curiosity and keen to grow, learn, develop and thrive in our high-performance culture.
We’re in search of an innovative and experienced industrial systems integrator who has a vision for harmonizing system architecture and is passionate about the new technologies that drive the next generation of our operations. As an industrial systems engineer, you will harness your expertise to help product developers define and deliver holistic solution designs that meet real business challenges. You will ensure we design and deliver all Plant of Tomorrow technologies against a unified architecture strategy from local operational hardware to global cloud platforms, helping our team to realize our vision for the Plants of Tomorrow.
- Define and maintain system integration design principles for Plant of Tomorrow portfolio solutions, including on-premise systems, as well as hybrid and cloud-based applications.
- Design harmonized systems architectures for next generation technologies to support our cement operations globally, in 50 countries at more than 260 sites.
- Develop, together with product owners and development teams, integrated system architectures in line with the system integration strategy
- Critically evaluate existing solution architectures and provide guidance on achieving superior performance, both in delivering to business requirements, as well as adhering to cyber security standards
- Provide guidance to product owners in translating their business requirements into solution requirements documents and technical specifications for project execution.
- Consult with regional/cement plant teams to help them optimize their technology implementation and integration roadmap, ensuring it is aligned to the group strategy
- Promote, rollout and track system integration project progress in different regions/plants
- Use knowhow and network to become a trusted advisor to our operations around the world in the context of industrial systems integration
- Electrical or automation or Industrial engineer, or Computer Science degree
- SAP PM, PP, QM preferred (work order creation, notifications, etc)
- 5 years of experience in system integration for heavy or process industry IT and OT
- 5 years of experience in defining, proposing and leading large scale system integration projects
- (preferred) 2+ years of experience in special projects such as digital twins, integrated digital application platforms, digital workplaces, integrated operations centers, data lakes or other relevant topics
Knowledge & Skills
- Holistic industrial solutions architecture
- Analytical problem solving
- SAP, BW and commercial cloud APIs and other information and control BUS configuration
- Communication skills
- Python programming skills (advantage)
English (technical fluency critical). Spanish, German and French are an advantage.