A great opportunity exists for an Industrial Mechanic (Millwright) to support our team and ensure our company equipment remains operational. Duties include assisting with maintaining, repairing removing and installing stationary industrial equipment in an industrial plant environment, welding, fabricating, analyzing maintenance procedures, troubleshooting, reading diagrams and schematic drawings to determine work procedures and working independently and with others to solve mechanical and technical problems.
- Assist with maintaining and repair industrial machinery and mechanical equipment, i.e. pumps, conveyor belts, shredders, piping, platework, tanks, agitators; compressors, pneumatics, hydraulics
- Assist with the daily, weekly, monthly, bi-annual, and annual preventative maintenance activities on all plant equipment
- Use a computer to maintain and update the preventative maintenance records
- Assist with contributing toward improving the maintenance system and associated procedures
- Assist with timely repair of equipment in any breakdown condition to preserve the integrity of the production planning process and minimize downtime
- Working accurately with numbers, and on occasion doing basic drawings of machine parts
- Assist with contacting, coordinating with, and supporting outside contractors to ensure timely repairs, special PM activities, modify existing equipment or commissioning new equipment
- Working independently and with others to solve mechanical and technical problems
- Supporting the Facilities Manager with special projects and fabrication activities (new equipment installs, equipment upgrades, process modifications, jigs, fixtures, and other projects) as required
- Organization and upkeep of maintenance and tool area
- Assist with identification and procurement of key critical maintenance, repair, operations, and machine items
- Assist with machining, welding, and fabrication using welding equipment, hand, and power tools
- Ensure compliance with Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) and regulatory policies, and practices
- Maintaining a critical parts list and inventory that is to be reviewed and updated on a regular basis
- Performing general building maintenance
- PLC controls and systems knowledge is a definite asset.
- Ability to work in demanding environments (noise, dust, contamination)
- Open and clear communication with management on issues, challenges and critical matters related to maintenance, tooling, or special projects
- Must hold, or be working toward receiving a valid Millwright License preferred.
- Basic Computer Skills
- Past experience with preventative maintenance software considered an asset.
- Safe and efficient in task completion and problem solving
- Able to react quickly and effectively in time-sensitive situations
- A positive and proactive attitude towards safety is essential.
- Ability to lift 50 lb.
- Position will require call-in availability
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Self-motivated with a continuous improvement mindset and be able to seek greater knowledge and understanding of the systems, processes, and hazards
- A hands-on leader with a desire to work in a dynamic, mission-driven environment
- Strong team player with other technical and non-technical team members
- A quick learner with excellent troubleshooting skills
- Excellent problem solver
- High-level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results-orientation
- Motivated, methodical, and optimistic
- Strong analytical, negotiation and creative problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated interest in cleantech, electric vehicles or renewable energy a plus
Li-Cycle (NYSE: LICY) is on a mission to leverage its innovative Spoke & Hub Technologies™ to provide a customer-centric, end-of-life solution for lithium-ion batteries, while creating a secondary supply of critical battery materials. Lithium-ion rechargeable batteries are increasingly powering our world in automotive, energy storage, consumer electronics, and other industrial and household applications. The world needs improved technology and supply chain innovations to better manage battery manufacturing waste and end-of-life batteries and to meet the rapidly growing demand for critical and scarce battery-grade raw materials through a closed-loop solution. For more information, visit https://li-cycle.com/
For more information, you can view Li-Cycle's corporate video here:
Li-Cycle is an equal opportunity employer committed to Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging. Individuals seeking employment at Li-Cycle are considered without regard to any protected category including but not limited to, race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, diverse-ability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
Li-Cycle is focused on providing a barrier free Recruitment & Selection process. We will focus on experience and skills and will not discriminate against candidates who have a disability or require an accommodation throughout the Recruitment & Selection process.
Interested candidates should apply to Li-Cycle directly by submitting their resume through the Li-Cycle Career's page. Please note that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.