Do you dream about creating a more sustainable future? At Uplight, we are motivating energy users and providers to accelerate the clean energy ecosystem. Working with over 90 of the world’s leading electric and gas utilities, Uplight provides an end-to-end customer energy experience. Uplight delivers personalized experiences that customers have now come to expect–improving satisfaction, increasing revenue, reducing the cost to serve, and contributing to carbon reduction goals. We are B Corp certified, enabling us to put our values into action by not only making decisions for the benefit of our shareholders, but also for our customers, environment, employees, and community.
We are seeking an Implementation Engineer to join our team and help us achieve our ambitious goals for our business and the planet.
What you will contribute:
As an Implementation Engineer, you will be responsible for supporting Uplight’s utility clients and partners in the configuration and deployment of our software products. Working in collaboration with product, engineering, data services, operations, and account management teams in a fast paced and dynamic environment, you will proactively navigate the technical aspects of the implementation of Uplight SaaS solutions to meet a project’s scope.
To be successful, you’ll need to collaborate with both internal and external resources, including utility program staff, third-party vendors, and Uplight teams. The right candidate needs to be effective at driving results through cross-functional communication and coordination. Overall, we're looking for an Implementation Engineer who will lead and execute the technical requirements of a launch.
Skills and experience are necessary, but we hire on value alignment first, so if you feel you would be a good fit with us, still consider applying.
What you get to do:
- Ensure high quality deployment of technical requirements pertaining to Uplight products and solutions
- Work with utility clients on technical aspects of deployment including but not limited to:
- Understand and map data entities and attributes from utility to Uplight data specifications.
- Work with clients, as well as internal product management and engineering teams on data integration, data acquisition and data processing, to ensure data quality and operational readiness.
- Educate clients on SSO requirements and configuration; liaise with clients on set up and testing.
- Educate clients on widget and API implementation requirements, liaise with clients on set up and testing.
- Work with clients to gather inputs related to content configuration and configure products in alignment with inputs provided, where self-serve tools are available
- Work with the clients to map data fields from their systems to Uplight data specifications in support of the Uplight Data Warehouse and multiple customer facing products.
- Build out data dictionary
- Triage and troubleshoot data issues; work with internal teams, clients or third parties to secure and validate data fixes
- Perform data gap analysis
- Analyze data and present results to clients and partners.
- Design and develop test strategies to test enterprise software and integration with clients and partners. Uplight's solution is integrated with enterprise and customer facing utility systems.
- Develop and implement client facing test cases, test plans, and test specifications.
- Execute test cases to validate solutions before handoff to client
- Triage and troubleshoot issues; work with internal teams, clients or third parties to secure fixes; validate fixes
- Support client during their UAT phases
What you bring to Uplight:
- Strong alignment and passion for the Uplight values and mission
- Minimum one year relevant experience
- Strong knowledge of data model/database design concepts and working knowledge of SQL
- Working knowledge of web integration including iframes, widgets, Single Sign On, APIs
- Experience working with multiple groups, both internally and externally – clients, engineering and product management teams
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with a focus to drive toward successful outcomes
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Professional and credible in front of customers
- Curiosity about and commitment to technology, energy efficiency and your potential
- Up to 25% travel required for in-person client meetings, company on-sites, etc.
- Passion for driving impactful change toward energy efficiency and sustainability
- Prior experience working at a high growth software company and/or working in the utility industry
- Familiarity with Uplight’s suite of products
- Experience working with agile and/or scrum methodologies
- Experience in the following:
- Big Data technologies - e.g BigQuery
- Operational Reporting tools – e.g. Splunk
- Python, Scripting tools (perl, unix)
- AWS, GPC or similar cloud SaaS software development environment
- Experience collaborating with offshore resources
What makes working at Uplight amazing:
In addition to all the standard medical and dental benefits, that kick in Day 1, we are:
- Proud to be over 500+ purpose-driven individuals helping to create a more sustainable planet.
- Committed to the environment, our employees, and our communities.
- Focused on career growth by following defined career ladders.
- Committed to taking our work and mission seriously and….we love to laugh!
We also provide:
- 401k Match
- 401k Match
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Peer to peer recognition program
- Management by objectives bonus plan
- Innovative flexible time off policy
- Exceptionally collaborative and cool office spaces (once we reopen them)
Salary Range: $80,000-$95,000 USD
In accordance with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the approximate annual base compensation range is listed above. The actual offer, reflecting the total compensation package and benefits, will be determined by a number of factors including the applicant's experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity among our team.
Uplight provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race (including hair texture and hairstyles), color, religion (including head coverings), age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.