The Senior HR Manager & Business Partner will serve a key member of the Welland Manufacturing Operations Leadership Team and partner to the Vice President of Global Operations & Supply Chain. The Sr. HRM will assume full HR leadership, overseeing 300+ manufacturing and professional employees. As key member of the Operations & Supply Chain Leadership Team, the Sr. HRM will work at the plant site on a daily basis and provide professional, transparent, and candid leadership while acting as a culture champion, shaping strategy and aligning talent with the organization’s business plan and values.
At INNIO, We Offer You:
- An innovative and international connected working environment
- Flexible working model and structure
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company matched RRSP program
- Onsite gym facility
- An upbeat atmosphere with a collaborative cross-functional team
- Champion safety; effectively manage business risk
- Participate as a key member of plant leadership team
- Manage a lean HR team
- Provide business knowledge, leadership, and direction in support of Operations & Supply Chain
- Coach leaders and supervisors in effective leadership practices, including communication and positive employee relations
- Manage recruiting, employment processes for all employees, and new employee on-boarding
- Responsible for employee relations; administers and interprets policy, procedure and practice
- Manage the corrective action policy and procedures. Address employee concerns or complaints. Conduct investigations as required.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable legal requirements and regulations including employment matters. Serve as general advisor on employment law and government regulations.
- Manage local compensation and benefits programs to ensure compliance and equity. Partner with plant leadership team and NA compensation to develop "wage progression programs" and ensure local wages are competitive with local labor market wages.
- Responsible for HR processes, including performance management.
- Prepare employee separations and related documentation and conducts exit interviews.
- Responsible for maintaining HR Management Systems, participating in annual audits, implementing Social Responsibility.
- Bachelor's Degree in HR or related field;
- CHRP/CHRL preferred
- Firm grasp of the fundamentals of HR management; 5+ years of experience; minimum of 3 years relevant manufacturing experience
- Demonstrated business acumen and ownership of HR as a business partner.
- Demonstrated experience leading positive employee relations and communication programs.
- Working knowledge of concepts, practices, and procedures in areas such as dispute resolution, performance management, employment law, employee relations, recruiting/staffing, communications and change management, learning and development, compensation and benefits administration, and recordkeeping.
- Experience facilitating reductions in force and driving expansions – growth/ramps.
- Strong interpersonal, written, verbal and presentation skills.
- Experience and commitment to safety and quality.
- Organizational Savvy: Maneuver comfortably through complex policy, process, & people-related organizational dynamics
- Collaborate: Build partnerships and work collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives
- Instill Trust: Gain the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity, and authenticity
- Manages Conflict: Handles conflict situations effectively, with a minimum of noise
- Build Effective Teams: Build strong-identity teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals
- Drive Engagement: Create a climate where people are motivated to do their best to help the organization achieve its objectives
- Action Oriented: Take on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm
- Decision Quality: Make good and timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward
- Ensure Accountability: Holding self and others accountable to meet commitments
- Flexible & Resilient; ability to manage ambiguity