Reporting to the Director, HR Business Partner - EMEA, the Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP) will perform a range of duties supporting both the French spoke facility, operations, and accompanying departments. Duties include functions such as, but not limited to, recruitment policy implementation, fostering a safety culture, competency and training development, employee relations, regulatory compliance and other HR programs as directed. Our ideal candidate will be a driven individual with high attention to detail and organization, and a positive “can-do” attitude.
- Partner closely with the business leaders in assigned groups to build and maintain a thorough understanding of the business and leverage the gained business insights to develop, shape and implement HR solutions.
- Assist business leaders with identifying and confirming recruitment needs for the business, with a proactive and responsive approach to ensure the hiring of the staff/talent needed.
- Proactively manage the workforce plans in the assigned groups to meet all talent acquisition needs.
- Partner closely with the HR team to ensure consistency and support to meet the needs of the facility.
- With the guidance of the HR Director, the HRBP will support management with performance and employee relations.
- Maintain accurate and comprehensive HR records such as headcount data, absenteeism, leaves of absence and turn-over rates through the applicable Li-Cycle HRIS.
- Ensure effective exit interviews and provide department manager and HR Director with analysis and recommendations.
- Identify training needs and monitor training programs to ensure training objectives are met.
- Act as primary point of contact and advisor to business leaders and employees, providing effective counsel, feedback and coaching on a broad range of issues.
- Advise managers on employee relations issues such as Performance, Attendance Conflict, Disability management, Leaves of Absence, Workplace investigations and employee exits.
- Interpret and ensure compliance with relevant local legislation and regulations.
- Participate in HR projects and initiatives.
- Post-secondary degree, preferably in business specializing in Human Resources, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 4 or more years of experience as a Human Resources Business Partner.
- Experience with Labour Unions.
- In-depth understanding of HR topics such as Performance Management, Training & Development, Employment Relations, Compensation and Benefits, and Health and Safety.
- The ability to identify process improvements, problem solve and resolve roadblocks.
- Adept at thinking outside the box and challenging the status quo, while also fairly evaluating all possible solutions in making decisions.
- The ability to multi-task and adapt to change in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
- Knowledge of French labour law and corporate HR-related compliance matters.
- Demonstrated ability to provide beneficial recommendations to solve HR related issues related to regulations, laws and policies.
- Demonstrated commitment to Health & Safety.
- Hands on experience with HRIS systems.
- A high degree of professionalism and independence with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Preference will be given to a candidate with experience in an ISO certified environment.
- Experience supporting a cleantech, manufacturing or engineering environment an asset.
- A hands-on contributor with a desire to work in a dynamic, mission-driven environment
- Ability to deal with sensitive topics in a tactful, diplomatic and professional matter at all times.
- High-level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results-orientation
- Proactive self-starter with an 'owner's mindset'
- Consistently delivers quality work on time, with a strong attention to detail
- Strong analytical, negotiation and creative problem-solving skills
- Exceptional oral communication, writing and editing skills
- Excellent telephone and email etiquette
- Motivated, methodical, and optimistic
Benefits of Working for Li-Cycle:
- High impact work: as a core member of the team, you have the opportunity to take a primary lead role and make a significant impact
- Global environmental impact: we are a clean technology company with a mission to reduce CO2 emissions globally to ensure a sustainable future for the environment
- Passionate team: we are pushing boundaries and are passionate about everything we do
Li-Cycle (NYSE: LICY) is on a mission to leverage its innovative Spoke & Hub Technologies™ to provide a customer-centric, end-of-life solution for lithium-ion batteries, while creating a secondary supply of critical battery materials. Lithium-ion rechargeable batteries are increasingly powering our world in automotive, energy storage, consumer electronics, and other industrial and household applications. The world needs improved technology and supply chain innovations to better manage battery manufacturing waste and end-of-life batteries and to meet the rapidly growing demand for critical and scarce battery-grade raw materials through a closed-loop solution. For more information, visit https://li-cycle.com/.
For more information, you can view Li-Cycle's corporate video here:
Li-Cycle is an equal opportunity employer committed to Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging. Individuals seeking employment at Li-Cycle are considered without regard to any protected category including but not limited to, race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, diverse-ability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
Li-Cycle is focused on providing a barrier free Recruitment & Selection process. We will focus on experience and skills and will not discriminate against candidates who have a disability or require an accommodation throughout the Recruitment & Selection process.
Interested candidates should apply to Li-Cycle directly by submitting their resume through the Li-Cycle Career's page. Please note that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.