Social Solutions International, Inc. is hiring a
Overview of the Company
Social Solutions International, Inc. (Social Solutions), is a Hispanic and woman-owned consulting firm dedicated to the creation of solutions to improve the health and well-being of underserved populations worldwide. Since 2005, we have worked in more than 80 countries to provide quality monitoring and evaluation; training and technical assistance; program development and implementation; and institutional support services.
Overview of the Position
Social Solutions is seeking an HR and Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Accessibility (DEIA) Director for the anticipated, USAID-funded, Long-term Exceptional Technical Assistance Project (LEAP Global). LEAP Global will be a five-year, $120-$125 million program that aims to hire, embed, and support technical advisors and subject matter experts within national infectious disease programs in USAID-supported countries. LEAP Global is under the GSA OASIS IDIQ with an anticipated start date in October 2023.
The HR and DEIA Director will lead HR practices and objectives by providing oversight in several functional areas including recruitment, employee relations, benefits administration, compensation, payroll, and training & development. The HR and DEIA Director is responsible to ensure compliance with Social Solutions and donor/client human resources policies, procedures, and regulations, as well as alignment with DEIA and gender policy practices. This position will be contingent upon award and is expected to be a full-time role based in Washington D.C., United States.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Refine and manage a high volume, full lifecycle recruiting, interviewing, and hiring process that is efficient and offers a positive candidate experience from the first contact through onboarding.
- Ensure achievement of all program metrics including talent acquisition metrics and goals including quality and diversity of applicant pools and hires, number of hires, time to fill, hiring manager and new hire satisfaction, cost-per-hire, turnover data, etc.
- Oversee management of a large workforce across multiple locations, including, performance management, employee relations, corrective action, employee programs, and separation.
- Establish short- and long-term plans to develop performance goals and support contract, subcontract, and company objectives.
- Lead USAID DEIA and gender policy initiatives and standards within recruitment and hiring practices.
- Ensure compliance with all USAID regulations and policies and HQ policies and procedures.
- Manage and supervise the work of project management personnel (PMO staff) and ensure subcontractor staff performs by contract requirements.
- Ensure compliance with all state and federal employment laws.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Business Administration, Business Management, Human Resources, or another relevant field of study.
- At least eight (8) years of experience in leading HR and DEIA functions; international development and/or public health sector experience preferred.
- At least five (5) years of experience successfully managing and leading talent acquisition teams; USAID experience is strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in applying diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility practices within HR and recruitment.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively interact and communicate with local professionals, international donors, host country government counterparts, and other implementing partners.
- Strong understanding of USAID policy priorities and operational guidance related to Program Cycle, Gender Policy, and DEIA.
- Advanced professional proficiency in written and spoken English.
Social Solutions International offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits. Please submit your resume online at www.socialsolutions.biz/work-with-us/
Social Solutions is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.