**Who we are
SOS Children’s Villages Ethiopia is an International Non-governmental organization and a member of SOS Children’s Villages International Federation. The organization started its humanitarian work with the opening of its first Village in Mekelle, Northern part of Ethiopia in 1974. The organization has been providing life-saving provisions such as food, water and health services for a very significant number of children devastated by severe drought and the subsequent famine.
Today, we have grown significantly to meet the persistent challenges that confront Ethiopian children who have lost parental care and are at risk of losing their parental care. Working in close collaboration with international donors, local government and community based organizations across seven Regionals states and two City administrations; SOS Children’s Villages Ethiopia aspires that every child grows up with love, respect and security.
Why we need you?
We are looking for a Human Resource and Admin Coordinator who will be responsible for coordinating the activities of processing the decisions of human resources recruitment, placement, transfer, promotion, performance appraisal, disciplinary measures, leave and other HR decisions and other administrative activities such as administering and providing support to general services such as transport, maintenance of property and managing security service. Ensures, that gender and safeguarding issues mainstreamed through the entire Human resource process.
What we provide...
An amazing work environment that promotes personal growth through providing professional space to grow and advance your career while recognizing hard work and extraordinary performance.
While working with us as Human Resource and Admin Coordinator you will be responsible for;
HR Planning, Policies Implementation
- Leads preparation and development of program location yearly HR plan and oversees its implementation.
- Participates in the budgeting process, monitors HR financial performance by coordinating with Program Finance Manager and Program Coordinators.
- Provides support for project team in preparing project budget related to HR.
Staffing, Recruitment &Selection
- Prepares and circulates vacancy announcements, assist in designating assessment tools, evaluates applications, arranges and participates in interviews and makes recommendations; prepares job offers and related documents for successful candidates.
- Processes, facilitate and implement decisions of promotion, transfer, termination and other staff decisions as per the policies and procedures thereon.
- Facilitates and participates in co-worker onboarding; schedules Meet and Greet with key co-workers; facilitates office arrangements and supports on boarding of new co-workers into the Program Locations and role.
- Coordinates the placement of interns and volunteers and administers their related issues vis-à-vis the volunteer management guideline.
- Ensure that exit procedures are properly followed during co-workers’ resignation and makes sure that the organization is free from any contingent liabilities.
Compensation and Benefits
- Administers and provides advice to staff and location management on salary and related benefits, medical, insurance and other entitlements.
- Oversees the administration of benefits programs within the program location including the enrolment of benefits for eligible co-workers and the removal of departed ones.
- Supports salary and entitlement surveys.
- Liaises with HR service suppliers and insurance company regarding co-workers’ benefits.
- Liaise with program unit coordinators on planning and utilization of annual leave by creating the proper awareness
Payroll and HR Information Management
- Completes payroll related information and ensures all information are accurate and communicated on time to Program Finance Manager.
- Verify payroll before salary payment is effected
- Maintains HR data compilation and reporting such as headcount, turnover, new hire and vacation.
- Ensures strict confidentiality with respect to all HR file management and correspondences.
Co-Worker Relation and Co-Worker Services
- Monitors and manages co-worker relations issues, maintains confidential records related to grievances and complaints and coordinates their resolution; conducts investigations and seek for National Office support to liaise with legal consultants to resolve cases when needed.
- Ensures transparent, fair and consistent application of disciplinary measures.
- Provides information, interpretation and advice on SOS CVE HR policy, local employment law to staff and Location Management.
- Reviews and provides advice on interpretation of HR policies, regulations and rules; informs staff of their rights, responsibilities, code of conduct, sexual exploitation and harassment, anti-fraud and anti-corruption policies and difficulties associated with work and entitlements.
Performance Appraisals, Training and Development
- Facilitates the implementation of SOS CVE performance Management system; ensures that managers are equipped with the necessary skills to conduct probationary appraisal, mid-term review, and annual appraisals regularly and keep records of PAT.
- Makes follow-up on timely staff performance appraisal/review by program units.
- Supports the supervisors in determining training needs of their team, and assists them in determining appropriate staff development plans.
- Evaluates effectiveness and impact of staff development and career support programs and recommends ways to enhance effectiveness and impact.
General Services, and Administration
- Coordinates and ensures proper recording, use and timely maintenance of the facilities, building and equipment as per the policies and procedures thereon.
- Organizes and coordinates the efficient provision of office services maintenance and other general services to program units and staff.
- Plans and prepares budgetary requirements of equipment, materials, maintenance of property and general service.
- Ensure utility services are there as appropriate and also ensures that monthly payments are done on time.
- Ensure that Child safeguarding is integrated in all HR Activities such as recruitment, on boarding, performance management, team meetings, annual planning processes, field level monitoring, IWP, ADP etc.
- Review, identify gaps and strengthen recruitment processes to ensure rigorous compliance with the Child Safeguarding Policy;
- Ensure HR staff are trained/skilled in recruiting personnel through a child safeguarding lens;
- Ensure child safeguarding is incorporated into the performance management system
- Ensure that roles and responsibilities regarding child protection are clearly deﬁned in JDs and communicated
- Ensure that all employment contracts and codes of conduct are signed by co-workers and representatives of the organization also refer to the child protection policy
- Ensure the highest standards of selection, recruitment and verification procedures are applied. Applicants for any position, whether co-worker or volunteer, should disclose any previous criminal record. This is accomplished through providing a police check or any other appropriate check, and cross-checking of reference
- Ensure that all co-workers are provided with orientation regarding the child protection policy during the ﬁrst month of their employment
- Ensure that adequate working conditions in all program locations by implementing the standards of the SOS Children’s Village Manual and the Human Resources Manual, also taking into account cultural and legal conditions
- BA degree in Human Resources Management, Administration, Management or other similar discipline.
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in human resources and administrative work preferably in INGOs
Competencies/ Personal attributes
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and foster trust and respect.
- Self-motivated and highly organized, detail oriented
- Flexible, comfortable with deadlines and able to work well under pressure.
- Exhibit a desire to support a large number of people
- Comfortable with ambiguity; ability to analyse the situation and come up with solutions
- Ability to maintain a fair balance between seeking the interests of the staff and safeguarding the principles and integrity of the organization
- Ability to take an impartial stand on HR issues and recommend courses of action
- Strong team player
- Good facilitation skills
- Fluency in spoken and written English and local language(s).
- Knowledge and understanding of local employment standards, occupational health & safety and human rights legislation
- Strong MS office and the ability to use technology to collaborate across a global organization
- Knowledge of principles and procedures for staff recruitment, selection, training, compensation and benefits, labour relations and negotiation, and Human Resources Information Systems
“SOS Children’s Villages Ethiopia holds strict child safeguarding principles and a zero-tolerance policy for conducts of sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse in the workplace and other places where the organization’s activities are rendered. Parallel to technical competence, recruitment, selection and hiring decisions will give due emphasis to assessing candidates value congruence and thorough background checks, police clearance reference check processes”.
How to Apply
If you believe you are the right candidate for the above position, please send your application letter, detailed curriculum vitae (CV) with the names and contact details of three referees.
Please be informed that applications that are late, or do not have CV, will be disqualified and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applications should be sent electronically through SOS Children Villages Application prortal (ICIMS)
Female applicants are highly encouraged to apply