We are The Forward Trust (formerly RAPt and Blue Sky), the social enterprise with charitable status that empowers people to break the often interlinked cycles of crime and addiction to move forward with their lives. For more than 25 years we have been working with people to build positive and productive lives, whatever their past. We believe that anyone is capable of lasting change. Our services have supported thousands of people to make positive changes and build productive lives with a job, family, friends and a sense of community.
We believe and are committed to providing opportunities to all people including those with ‘Lived Experience’ we encourage applications from all background including those in recovery from addiction, co-dependency or gambling, have experience of previous offending or homelessness.
What you will be doing?
In this role you will work within an integrated healthcare framework to deliver high standards of nursing care and psychosocial interventions to patients admitted to the service according to their clinical needs, in line with relevant clinical protocols, policies and evidence based practice.
You will support the medical team in monitoring and accurately reporting on the general physical, mental and psychological health and well-being of clients as required for medical detox. You will support the medical team to encourage behaviour change in the context of the 12 Step Treatment Programme and health promotion. At times you may be required to carry out brief crisis interventions dependent on medical or mental health need. You may be required to attend community meetings and deliver the code of conduct meetings explaining expectations of behaviour and rationale for these boundaries.
- To provide interventions and support for clients medically detoxing, acknowledging that some clients may present with complex needs as part of their recovery journey. This may include; supporting clients on a 1:1 basis relating to but not limited to individual treatment plans, treatment boundaries, 2nd checking of controlled drugs, observing clients taking any medicines prescribed, accurate reporting and recording daily on issues that arise and impact the treatment programme both for individuals and for the community.
- To provide and continue to develop, in conjunction with the multidisciplinary team the treatment and care provided for individuals physical, psychological, social and spiritual needs
- To participate in effective ongoing assessment of clinical needs, providing a high standard of care to clients in keeping with the philosophy and operational policies of Clouds House, in addition to The Forward Trust policies and procedures
- Ensure clinical records are accurately recorded on the electronic records system
- To liaise and communicate effectively with other members of the multidisciplinary treatment team
- Promote the health and well-being of clients and maintain a safe, caring and compassionate environment ensuring risks are minimised and concerns about risk are raised in a timely manner
- To help develop, implement and evaluate the care clients require using a problem solving approach, that ensures their needs are met from admission to completion of treatment
- To meet required Key Performance Indicator’s (KPI’s), as set out by the Manager
- To monitor, assess and report any safeguarding concerns via the correct reporting system as they arise
What we are looking for?
- Experience of working within substance misuse services
- Knowledge of the issues facing client’s from substance misuse and its effect clinically, psychosocially and its impact on wider society.
- Previous experience of working within a residential setting
- A knowledge of the 12 step process of recovery from addiction (people in recovery should be abstinent for a minimum of three years)
- Motivation to actively take part in upholding Infection Control practices relating to BBV’s and Covid19, including the use of PPE
What we offer
Alongside Simply Health coverage, and a contributory pension scheme to assist employees with their general health and well-being. We offer:
- Training opportunities and career development
- Season Ticket Loan Scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- 25 days (rising to 30 with length of service) Annual Leave plus Bank Holidays
- Contributory Pension Scheme – Employer matched contributions of up to 6% in the first two years’ service and up to 9% thereafter
- Death in Service Payment (2x annual salary)
- Critical Illness Insurance (subject to qualifying criteria)
*Please note that all roles which come into contact with services users will require successful candidates to be fully vaccinated against Coronavirus with effect from 1st April 2022 (unless a medical exemption certificate is obtained from your GP) and this will form part of contractual offers.