ChildFund is hiring a
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
As a Health and Nutrition Officer, you are responsible for all aspects of planning, implementation and monitoring of health and nutrition projects which there are included the Integrate Nutrition for Growth (IN4G) in Xamneua District, Huaphanh Province, and possibly other province in the future.
• Manage all aspects of project planning, implementing, and monitoring on a regular basis, including ensuring regular budget management that includes planning, spending, and reporting.
• Monitoring/coaching and maintain relevant and up-to-date records of project data monthly.
• Prepare regular high-quality project reports as requirement by the Senior Health and Nutrition Officer and project coordinator.
• Arrange and conduct the project staff and counterpart monthly meetings for planning, reflecting, reporting and address the gaps of programs intervention. Work closely with the WASH Officer and Senior Health and Nutrition Officer to promote capacity building on nutrition education.
• Work closely with the WASH Officer, Senior Health and Nutrition Officer and Junior project officer and consortium members to carry out follow-up and monitoring of the positive deviance survey or other relevant assessments, including maintaining up-to-date records of activities in communities to measure resulting change.
• Provide training or facilitation on social behavior combination change on nutrition (SBCC) tools, Nutrition Peer to peer group (LSS) tools to the Community Association for Salvation and Environment (CASE)
• Facilitate on health stranding system activities for Provincial health department, District health offices and small hospitals.
• Work closely with government partners to conduct relevant nutrition training for partner communities.
• Integrate ideas from the WASH Officer and Senior Health and Nutrition Officer and recommendations from the Community Strengths Team and PWT in designing and identifying participatory tools to form the basis of nutrition-related child and youth participation tools
• Maintain contact with other development stakeholders (including the government) and to develop mutually beneficial relationships that contribute to ChildFund’s aims.
• Network and liaise with other NGOs, NPA, CSO, government agencies and other
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
• University degree in Health with focus on health and nutrition or other related fields.
• At least 3 years of experience in nutrition-related awareness campaigns and health-education with INGOs.
• A demonstrated interest in/understanding of development issues in the Lao PDR.
• Good understanding of and experience with project management.
• Intermediate level of English language, Khumou, Phong and H’mong
• Experience working at field level with rural communities, experience working in Xamneua, Huaphan province is preferable.
• Experience in engaging with children and youth in community development activities.
• Understanding of general gender and child protection guidelines.
• Mature, dynamic, hardworking and able to manage multiple priorities.
• Flexible and willing to support the overall goals of ChildFund Australia in the Lao PDR.
• Remain alert and responsive to any child safeguarding or sexual exploitation, abuse, or harassment (SEAH) risks, acquire relevant knowledge and skills to promote strong safeguarding practices, understand the child safeguarding and PSEAH policy and procedures, and conduct yourself consistent with those policies.
Department: Program Department
Location: The position is based in Xamneua, with regular travel to target villages within Xamneua District.
Employment: Full-time contract
Reports to: Senior Health and Nutrition Officer
Other Information: Must have criminal background check before joining the organisation
by latest 4.30 pm, on 25th Nov 2022. Only shortlisted candidates will be contracted