Ecosulis is hiring a
Head of Finance – Senior Leadership Team
Ecosulis specialise in technology-empowered nature restoration for people, planet and progress. We have significant experience working at the intersection of nature recovery, technology and finance and aim to make rewilding commercially viable and accelerate the vision of a recoverable earth within our lifetime.
Our team has developed and tested a suite of new products and services that enable the emergence of markets. We are looking for an energetic, proactive, highly organised, tenacious and commercially minded individual, to help develop our Finance department to ensure maximum efficiency.
Whilst the successful candidate will be working to deliver a component of a broader business strategy, they will need to be self-motivated and have the drive, energy and flexibility to develop practical solutions to the day-to-day business operations. The successful candidate will need to demonstrate clear examples of where they have implemented the essential skills in a previous, similar role.
The successful candidate will ideally have knowledge and interest of the rewilding sector, although this is not essential.
The Head of Finance position will be accountable and responsible for overseeing all financial tasks and ensure we use capital and resources beneficially. This position is key to maintaining our company’s financial health and increase profitability long term.
Key Accountabilities & Deliverables
Working with Senior Leadership Team to:
· Analyse the everyday financial activities to provide financial advice to our SLT team on future business plans and strategies.
· Be responsible and accountable for giving sound business guidance on all critical business decisions to our managing director, to ensure the success of our future business growth.
· Proactively investigate ways to improve business profitability and highlight business opportunities to our managing direction (e.g. expansion, acquisitions etc)
· Preparing accurate financial reports accurately monitoring the day-to-day operations and profitability of the business.
· Ensure that all accounting activities comply with regulations, including that tax and regulatory payments, returns and filing are up to date and compliant.
· Identify and implement best practices to make the Company, financial processes, and internal controls more efficient and effective.
· Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual forecasted management reports
· Evaluating, validating, and modelling business cases by providing strategic data analysis and research.
· Conduct project and company profit and cost analysis reports with and where necessary recommended cost-reducing solutions to the Managing Director.
· Researching and reporting on factors that influence the company’s performance and analysing and predicting market trends and economic climate changes
· Consult board members regarding funding options and business opportunities
· Proactively conduct risk management assessments and reports to ensure company security
· Developing external relationships with auditors, solicitors, bankers and other statutory organisations
· Be able to set and work within budgets.
· Undertake general duties as directed by the Managing Director.
· BSc/BA in Accounting, Finance or relevant field
· ACCA/ACA Qualified
· CIMA Membership
· Proven experience as a Head of Finance, Director of Finance or similar role
· In-depth understanding of cash flow management, bank reconciliation and bookkeeping
· Hands-on experience with budgeting and risk management
· Excellent knowledge of data analysis and forecasting models
· Attention to detail and in-depth understanding of international and domestic laws and regulations
· Technological skills and ability to work independently
· Solid analytical and decision-making skills
· Ability to work with many other teams or individuals to resolve financial issues
· Leadership abilities
· Proficiency in accounting software (Xero)
Salary: £50,000-60,000 pro-rata
Job Type: Part-time (approx. 22.5 hours per week)
Location: Remote working, travel/face to face meetings will be required when requested
Full UK driving licence will be required.
To apply for this role please send your up-to-date CV with covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 6th December 2022.
Ecosulis is an equal opportunities employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Here at Ecosulis, we particularly encourage applications from women, disabled and Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) candidates, as these groups are underrepresented throughout our industry. Appointment will always, however, be made on merit and judged against the job description and person specification.