Start Date: ASAP
Location: GVI office in Westlake and remote working
Hours of work: Monday to Friday 9-5:30 SAST, flexible hours required from time to time to accommodate client time zones
Remuneration: Basic R15 000 + Variable performance-based incentives
GVI is the world’s leading provider of international programs for people who want to contribute to conservation, climate change and social development. To join us on our mission, we are looking for a Support Coordinator that will provide professional pre-departure support to all group participants prior to travel, ensuring a positive pre-departure experience on all fronts and drive group sales by assisting the groups sales team with lead outreach and call scheduling which will deliver new partners.
Are you a naturally organized, detail-oriented, communicative team player who enjoys interacting with a wide range of people on a day to day basis? Would you love to work for a purpose-driven organization, on a mission to make a difference? If this sounds like you, you could be a fantastic fit for our Support Coordinator position here at GVI.
What you’ll do with us
- Generate and maintain a consistent flow of leads that can be contacted to develop new partnerships.
- Reach out to potential new partners from schools and universities to career coaches with the goal of booking a call for the group’s sales team.
- Follow up on outreach to ensure the best possible conversion of cold contact to partnership.
- Update and create proposals for sales team.
- Processing EFT and Stripe payments.
- Managing and responding to emails received in the GVI education email account.
- Payment Reminders, Payment collection to ensure Overdue payments are received.
- Maintain excellent knowledge of GVI group locations and itineraries.
- Ensure all participants submit all project documentation. Assist with administrative tasks and other duties as required.
- Processing pre-departure documentation.
- Incoming and Outgoing Support Calls.
- Work closely with the groups sales team to ensure all pre-departure documentation remains up to date.
- Expectation Management and Webinar presentations to participants and parents
- Communication with in country teams on the ground to arrange pre-departure webinars
- Emergency Phone Duty
- Liaise with Field Staff to ensure itineraries and field manuals are up to date. Set up field chats to keep up to date and send reports to your field teams with participant information.
- Ensure that participants are well informed and prepared for their program and that their information is up to date on their file. Send out field and training manuals, welcome letters and relevant documentation to participants.
- Clear Missing Charges report daily/weekly.
- Ensure Salesforce is always up to date with, Transfers, cancellations.
- Salesforce tasks need to be checked daily to ensure minimal overdue tasks.
- Payment Schedules must be created daily.
What you’ll need to be successful in this role
- Experience in a sales or customer service role
- Volunteer or travel experience at home or abroad an advantage
- Fluency in written and spoken English with a neutral accent
- Experience working with international clients
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- Ability to work independently
- Experience working in an international team
- Exceptional team working skills
- Commitment to the best customer service
- Good humour under stress
- Willingness to work flexible working hours to accommodate client time zones
- Ability to deal with multiple competing demands
- Access to internet at home – a minimum requirement of 20mbs upload/download speed
- Administrative or office experience in a client facing role - experience in a client facing role in travel, group travel or events advantageous
- Diploma in tourism or related field (preferred but not essential)
- Experience in the youth travel industry (preferred but not essential)
- Passion for making a difference
- International travel experience (preferred but not essential)
What we offer
- A highly collaborative, flat, and entrepreneurial organisation that provides the platform to make an impact on day one
- A global team that is uniquely talented, passionate and fun
- Flexibility with working hours and location - no “hour counting”/sign-in/out and the ability to work remotely
- A half-day on the first Friday of every quarter (in addition to your 18 days of annual leave)
- Access to GVI's Online and Impact Academy's online training
- In-house psychologist and registered trauma counsellor on the People Team, available for employee wellness counselling and additional wellness resources on demand
- A deep commitment to improving diversity, equity, inclusion
- Unlimited global opportunities for growth and development
More about us
GVI is an international multi-award-winning social enterprise on a mission to build a global network of people united by their passion to make a difference. We run programs in 13 countries worldwide aligned to the objectives of the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals.
GVI is a platform for personal growth, and our staff have the ability to develop themselves across teams, departments, and even locations! We value passion, authenticity, entrepreneurship and innovation and treat all of our stakeholders with respect and compassion above everything else.
You can find out more about the types of work we do, and who we are as an organization here.
Please submit your CV along with a cover letter stating why you feel you would be the best candidate for this role.
Please note: We will do our utmost to respond to all applicants, however, given the large volume of applications we receive, this isn't always possible. If you do not hear back from us within three-four weeks, please take it that on this occasion your application was unsuccessful.