Company Profile: candi is a dedicated rooftop solar company for businesses across Asia and Africa. We bring together international capital, through our Swiss-based platform, and local expertise in order to provide a unique offering to this largely underserved sector. In doing so, candi aims to have a big social impact, reduce carbon emissions, create jobs, increase energy access, and save money for businesses of all sizes in emerging markets. www.candi.solar
Job Summary: The company is looking to recruit an ambitious and energetic graphic designer, who will help candi to lead the revolution of solar. Given that candi is taking solar into a new realm with a new set of tools, the role will require creativity, innovation and a new way of thinking. This is a six month maternity-cover contract.
Specifically, the job requires taking ownership of the following for the Global team:
- Understanding candi's brand and brand style to ensure visual consistency and tone across all designs and platforms.
- Creating visual content for social media and other digital marketing campaigns.
- Providing photography and drone briefs in line with candi's style guide to photographers and drone pilots.
- Basic website editing, blog article layout preparation, and design updates on a bi-weekly, monthly, and ad hoc basis.
- Editing images (solar sites and other) for going to market.
- Creating content videos for social media.
- Supporting internal marketing requirements with the building of items such as email signatures, business cards,digital business cards and presentation finessing.
- Designing and producing all marketing materials, such as brochures, flyers, banners, or any other design requests.
- Illustrating design concepts for real-life applications such as events, office spaces, etc.
- May be required to pull some digital stats from internal tools to support design decisions.
- Other ad hoc requirements.
Hours: Full time. Very experienced candidates will be considered for a part-time or freelance position. Please note that this is a six month contract.
- Technical skills: must be proficient in using graphic design software, such as Filmora, Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign) or Canva. Experience working on a website building platform (ideally SquareSpace).
- Creativity: must be a skilled designer, able to come up with visually appealing concepts and layouts.
- Communication skills: Must be able to effectively communicate their ideas to team leaders and team members, as well as be able to take and incorporate feedback.
- Problem-solving skills: Must be able to solve problems creatively and develop solutions that meet candi's brand.
- Attention to detail: Must be meticulous and pay close attention to details, such as color accuracy, typography, and the overall design aesthetic.
- Time management skills: must be able to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines, sometimes under tight time constraints.
- Adaptability: must be able to adapt to any new trends, requests, or feedback given on designs.
- Portfolio: a strong portfolio showcasing a graphic designer's work.
- You agree to live out the candi values every day of your employment: this includes to put empathy before ego, being authentic no matter what, that we work as one and follow the candi principle that less is more
- A dynamic, cross-functional team player, willing to take initiative on projects in the context of a multicultural scale-up trying to execute big, bold ideas.
- Having experience working for an international company, or having studied or worked abroad, is considered a plus.
- You must be open, honest, trustworthy, a strong communicator, and understand that what we get done as a team surpasses what we get done individually.
- candi is an equal opportunities employer.
candi is unique because...
- We focus on helping businesses of all sizes in emerging markets get access to cheap, clean rooftop solar energy.
- We have a strong emphasis on a client-centric & innovation-driven working culture.
- We are an international team where remote working is commonplace, where we trust our team members to actively carve out a role for themselves according to their skillset.
Only qualified candidates will be contacted.