Counterpart is currently seeking a Grants Assistant to help support the Senior Grants Manager (SGM) to oversee and administer the Civil Society in Action (CSA) activity’s grantmaking processes and workflows to ensure accurate record keeping and process completion. This is a full-time position based in Yerevan, Armenia. Only local candidates are being considered at this time.
- Support the administration of all aspects of the competitive grant management process. This includes assuring compliance with Counterpart’s requirements, managing communications and providing technical assistance to potential applicants and grantees, creating grant-related correspondence and inputs to the reports as assigned by the SGM.
- Update and maintain grants databases. This includes creating and updating grant reporting schedules and reporting forms, creating and updating grant records and grant cycles, data entry, etc.
- Update and maintain clear filing system.
- Conduct due diligence as assigned by SGM.
- Conduct background research and checks on project topics/grantees.
- Prepare draft grants contract and other documentation as needed.
- Take notes and prepare official minutes.
- Provide translation as needed.
- Handle grant related phone calls and correspondence.
- Undertake special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Social Science, or other degree with related experience in the nonprofit sector.
- Three to five years of experience with project assistance or grant administration strongly preferred.
- Strong computer skills and experience with word processing and spreadsheet programs, preferably the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Strong level of professionalism and commitment.
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills with attention to detail.
- Ability to work proactively and productively, both independently and as part of a team, and ability to prioritize, schedule and produce work in a timely manner.
- Excellent verbal, written, interpersonal, and technical skills in both one-on-one and group settings required.
- Fluency in Armenian and English required with ability to provide oral and written translations as needed.
We can recommend jobs specifically for you! Click here to get started.