We’re Hiring for a Global Product Manager- Filtration and Clarification!
If you are excited and passionate about helping #LetsSolveWater, consider joining our team today! Xylem, Inc. is a leading global water technology company servicing more than 150 countries and is dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues. We are looking for individuals to join our mission by exceeding customer expectations through smart sustainable solutions. At Xylem, you will have the opportunity to solve water by participating in our paid Volunteer Program, Xylem Watermark!
THE ROLE**:** The Global Product Manager- Filtration and Clarification will be responsible managing, developing, and driving profitable business growth for the Leopold Filtration & Clarification product lines with its related accessories. This role manages its products through the whole life cycle by gathering and prioritizing product and customer requirements, defining the product roadmap, value proposition and working closely with R&D to delivering and introducing winning products to the market in close collaboration with the Regional Product Managers, Commercial Teams, and Vertical marketing. We offer a full benefits package to include Flexible Time Off (FTO) for salaried positions, health, dental, vision, investment savings plan, and additional miscellaneous benefits.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
Defining the product strategy
- Develops the global product roadmap including business case covering product positioning, value proposition per product line, volume and price to serve as input into product development, and marketing
- Manages the execution of the multi-year roadmap for the global product line including new product development, value improvements, product introductions, phase outs and product training.
- Collaborate effectively with Vertical Marketing team to develop regional- and local launch plans that will empower sales (product launches, application areas, product brand thought leadership). This role is also instrumental in providing content development
- Assigns and take ownership of deliverables in the XPD (Xylem Product Development Process) by actively driving and participating in the tollgate process: by developing the business case, product requirements etc. with the understanding of customer and market needs
- Understands and specifies market requirements, competition, market- and technology trends for current and future products. Conducting product related market research, Voice of Customer, customers visits and close collaboration with local-regional product managers and vertical marketing.
- Develop appealing, and when possible a quantified, value proposition which is validated through market research, voice of the customer, and other data inputs.
- Framing the vertical offer, in a collaborative way with key stakeholders, by packaging the product, solutions and services e.g., developing offer per application and framing applicable value propositions.
- Monitors competition with respect to market performance, product portfolio and product performance.
Sales and Profitability
- Understanding and providing data for the S&OP forecast, ownership of global product sales and margin plan. If targets are not meet execute on the countermeasures
- Follow up sales, orders and standard margin with the aim to reach targets, identify gaps and raise the need for countermeasures to close the gap
- Provide strategic pricing guidelines across markets
Life Cycle Management
- Manage the product life cycle (launch to end-of-life) strategy and execution including identifying “sweet spot” applications in the market verticals by ensuring competitiveness of products (costs, features, price) by developing relevant business cases for decisions making
- Manage the entire product life cycle through phase-out and being responsible for keeping its assortment competitive and give ideas for technology development and Value Engineering initiatives
- Having a broad understanding of the competitors in the industry e.g., offering, pricing, markets. Drive and execute product launches according to the product marketing launch process in close collaboration with the Vertical Marketing, Commercial Teams and Communications. Being responsible for resource allocation, keeping the timeline and all preparation to do a proper launch in time e.g., strategic pricing, product availability, training material and plan, information in product selection and configuration programs, communications material etc.
Guardianship & Support
- Product, technology, and application content development
- Participates in technical meetings, conferences, workshops, industry days, trade shows and association events
- Accountability for the technical performance of the products as defined in the product specifications
- Ensure the product offering mirror the product brand values
- Thought leadership activities (e.g., white papers) by developing content and/or presenting
- Develop appealing, and when possible, a quantified, value proposition which is validated through market research, voice of the customer, and other data inputs
- Collaborates with Communications, Vertical Marketing, and R&D to drive next generation value propositions by a rigorously understanding of the voice of the customer.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Civil, Environmental, Mechanical or Chemical Engineering from an accredited institution, or equivalent.
- Possess fundamental and demonstrated knowledge of the sales process in the wastewater treatment industry or industrial industry and have a minimum of five (5), preferably at least ten (10) years’ experience including in the international markets.
- Demonstrate excellent computer, communication, presentation, management, and analytical skills. Be able to resolve difficult technical and business issues. Be a self-starter with high motivation to achieve goals.
- Fluent in English
- Process engineering experience in the water/wastewater industry either municipal and/or industrial preferable
- Strong interpersonal, teamwork and problem-solving skills to effectively work with customers, business partners, staff and management from a variety of skill levels as well as different authority levels.
- Ability to understand technical issues and understand impact on projects, and effectively communicate these issues and impact to direct reports as well as other project stakeholders.
- Flexibility in terms of dealing with changing priorities and dealing with multiple projects simultaneously.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong project management skills with proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority
- Be a self-starter with high motivation skills
At Xylem, we embrace diversity and strive to create avenues where employees feel valued and appreciated through our DE&I initiatives and Employee Resources Groups (ERG). Xylem is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action workplace. Xylem prohibits discrimination, harassment of any kind and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex or sexual orientation (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, marital status, medical conditions or disability, genetic information, age, or other non-merit factors.
Join the global Xylem team today! Xylem is a team creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges through developing new technologies and services that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor, and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential, and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities.
Disclaimer: The information listed within this job description is designed to indicate the general nature of work expected for this position and shall not be viewed as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required in this position. Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the position satisfactorily and if requested, reasonable accommodations will be made to enable employees with disabilities to perform the essential functions of their job absent undue hardship. Xylem reserves the right to modify this job description or assign other duties to this position as needed.