The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
The Role: This is an exciting opportunity to play a key role in transforming our growing global digital service business through the innovation, services productification and scaling up with services branches and commercial teams. Reporting to the Field and Digital Services Product Management Director, this dynamic role of Global Product Manager, Digital Services will have high visibility while playing a critical role in moving Xylem up the customer value chain, providing service offerings and building foundation to transform Xylem into services minded organization.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Lead the definition of digital services portfolio and develop the long-term strategic vision. Create and launch service offerings in a productized form, work together with regional organizations to deliver this to the market.
- Be responsible and accountable for digital maintenance services portfolio, e.g. remote monitoring subscriptions and predictive services that are built on current Xylem technologies and digital solutions.
- Work closely with colleagues responsible for digital products to provide input for further products developments. Collaborate with other colleagues from services organization to create digital and traditional services bundles.
- Transform Xylem culture from “break-fix” and “labour-material” mentality to customer value driven service packages.
- Understand profitability drivers and execute profitable growth.
- Lead cross-functional teams to achieve a common goal, through knowledge of analytical tools, surfacing insights into service-related opportunities, understanding customers’ pain points and building scalable processes and solutions for digital services growth.
- Gain a deep understanding of customer experience, identify and fill digital service product gaps, generate new ideas that grow market share, improve customer experience, and drive multi-year revenue growth
- Develop new business models, considering customer needs and service capabilities, that drive profitable revenue streams – i.e., subscription-based revenue models, product designs with upgrade capabilities, etc.
- Scan the environment for new approaches, synthesizing ideas to come up with creative yet effective solutions
- Inspire and motivate the commercial, product and services management teams to deliver innovative and exciting solutions with an appropriate sense of urgency
- Drive forecasts for digital service products and evaluate financial performance to optimize profitability
- Monitor competition with respect to market performance, product portfolio and product performance
- Maintain competitive mapping of strengths and weaknesses of major competitors and understands their “go to market” strategy.
- Position may include up to 35% global travel requirements
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Bachelor’s degree in STEM subject area, a higher degree in Business Administration is preferred.
- 5+ years of professional experience in product management; directly in PM roles or working closely with PMs. Experience with preparing go to market plans, launching products in different markets, working closely and tracking progress with commercial teams.
- Experience leading in the water industry is a plus.
- Broad technical and analytical engineering/marketing/business experience in development of new products and services throughout the lifecycle
- Customer-focused: Deep consumer understanding and curiosity with a VOC-led approach to innovation
- Passion for technology, commitment to driving results and ability to get into the details while managing the big picture.
- Strong learning agility and ability to set the direction and work in the “grey” to achieve the overall goals.
- Experience working across several technology and business areas.
- Maturity and ability to function independently as well as balancing strong team-work and collaborative approach.
- Experience working across global cultures is required. Position requires judgment, discretion and the ability to interact with many country cultures and management. International experience is a plus.
- Highly motivated with excellent interpersonal and communications skills.
- Experience working with senior leadership and presenting before senior leaders.
- Strategic thinking with systems thinking mindset and the ability to visualize cause and affect relationships, seeing connections between variables and demonstrating the ability to create strategic links and “connect the dots”.
- Model and coach others to collaborate effectively, leveraging different points of view. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills are essential. Ability to maintain composure under pressure. Strategic people skills are essential.
- Ability to work in a matrix environment, understand the complexities and nuances of a multinational organization.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
- General office-based tasks, including participation in virtual and in-person meetings
- This role requires the ability and willingness to participate in calls across time zones (Asia, Europe, the Americas)
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.