The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
The Role: The Global Lifecycle Services (LCS) Strategy and Business Development will support Xylem’s continued growth and evolution as a leading global services solution provider in the water sector.
In this role, you will work across the Lifecycle Services organization along with regional leadership across the globe to drive the profitable growth of this strategic imperative. Key responsibilities include planning, project management, driving the rhythm of the LCS business and helping our team execute on our strategic priorities. The ideal candidate enjoys working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment, has sound business judgement, problem-solving expertise, wants to drive significant impact and has a desire to work in an inclusive work environment where you can bring your authentic self to the table and do your best work.
The candidate will translate the LCS vision & strategy into clear and actionable plans that integrate input from across the business (working with regional sales, marketing and operations teams; with services product management teams; and with finance to translate it into multi-year financial plans).
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Manage a comprehensive rhythm of business, including staff meetings, business reviews, goal deployment and annual strategic planning process to help the business run smoothly and effectively
- Lead the annual planning process for Xylem LCS working closely with strategy and finance leaders from the rest of the enterprise
- Work across the enterprise to shape, frame and execute a range of strategic projects (e.g. growth strategy, adjacency evaluation, partnership development)
- Create high impact presentations with business insights for executives, coordinate executive meeting agendas and strategy workshops
- Capable of building reports and dashboards that help to understand key insights about our ability to executive against our top priorities.
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Bachelor’s degree required; graduate degree in one or more relevant subjects, including business administration, economics, engineering or computer science preferred
- Distinctive critical thinking and analytic capabilities, with the ability to solve highly ambiguous business problems by creating structure, collecting relevant data, and generating actionable insights
- Knowledge of the water industry and familiarity with adjacent business areas, such as utilities, industrial process, and the internet of things
- 5-10+ years in strategy, finance, project management and/or business management roles, ideally in business-to-business or business-to-government environments
- An interdisciplinary perspective with the ability to synthesize insights from various fields (e.g. policy, economics, environmental science and engineering)
- Diverse and global experience, especially in emerging markets, cross-sectoral partnerships, and working in inter-cultural environments
- Possess strong influencing skills, with proven ability to align stakeholders around bold actions
- A passion for transforming water management to advance global sustainability
- Prior experience related to corporate strategy, partnerships and mergers and acquisitions would be a plus, especially from a professional services environment or multinational industrial/technology company.
- Prior experience in a diversity of environments, such as multiple geographies, work across public/private/nonprofit sectors, and different functional roles
- Intermediate Microsoft Office knowledge: Word, Excel (at least pivot table & Vlookup capability), PPT presentations
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
_(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
- General office-based tasks, including participation in virtual and in-person meetings, and the ability to travel ~25%
_(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- This role requires the ability and willingness to participate in calls across time zones (Asia, Europe, the Americas)
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.