The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
The Role: The Lifecycle Services Marketing Leader develops and structures the global marketing strategy of the Service & Rental activities for each of the Vertical Markets in which Xylem operates (Water Utility, Building Services, Industry).
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Build comprehensive market strategies for growing Xylem’s Lifecycle Services based on an exhaustive knowledge of the water and wastewater segments, its personas, needs and challenges, Xylem’s competitions and market share by leveraging a solid voice-of-the-customer approach and market analysis
- Implement and manage a robust methodology to leverage CRM and Business Automation Tools to identify Lifecycle Services growth opportunities
- Build and own the outcome-based messaging for accelerating growth of Lifecycle Services by mastering a clear understanding of vertical use cases, Xylem’s technical and digital solution and services, and their benefits to the clients
- Plan for the release of new service offerings including analysis of the targeted channels, positioning, value proposition, customer profiles, pricing and business model and regional launch plan in close collaboration with the Product Management & Regional Marketing Teams (Europe, America, Emerging Markets) and Regional Sales teams
- Create & maintain Global Lifecycle Services marketing campaigns and ensure the roll out with a close collaboration with the Regional Marketing Teams
- Closely collaborate with Regional Marketing organization to integrate Lifecycle Marketing strategy into the vertical marketing action plans (Water Utility, Building Services, Industry)
- Develop the Lifecycle Services branding creation internally & externally
- Ensure the visibility of Lifecycle Services brand in shows & conferences
- Contribute to social media content calendar to increase the brand value and promote Xylem’s solutions
- Proactively lead the collaboration with the regional Technical Training Centers to strengthen the local Lifecycle skills & expertise
- Supports the execution of Xylem’s strategic planning, operating planning, and marketing budgeting processes.
- Ensures all deliverables and initiatives are completed within scope and on time and are aligned with all relevant stakeholders to drive effective implementation.
- Defines objectives, sequence, timeline, interdependencies and contingencies for projects or initiatives, with a mindset to maximize time and resources and overcoming obstacles.
- Ties all activities to measurable business outcomes.
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, or Engineering; MBA or equivalent graduate degree experience preferred
- 8+ years of experience in marketing, services or sales in water technology or a related industry
- Commercial Excellence Mindset
- CRM user
- Fluent in English
- Proficiency in Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel, and Word
Desired Skills and Competences:
- Influencing leadership style – ability to manage diverse stakeholder groups in matrix organization to get things done through an influence-based work style
- Strong communicator and negotiator – ability to write and speak persuasively on a wide variety of business topics
- Self-driven and results oriented– ability to work independently and prioritize time to maximize success in driving tangible business outcomes
- Lead with integrity and teamwork – ability to maintain the highest ethical standards in every interaction and be enthusiastic about working in a team environment
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
The wage range for this role takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including but not limited to skill sets; experience and training; licensure and certifications; and other business and organizational needs. The disclosed range estimate has not been adjusted for the applicable geographic differential associated with the location at which the position may be filled. A reasonable estimate of the current range is $90,000 to $135,000 plus bonus. At Xylem, it is not typical for an individual to start at the top end of the range for the role however compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. We offer a generous benefit package, including Medical, Dental, Vision plans, 401(k) with company contribution, paid time off, paid parental leave and tuition reimbursement.