Cleveland State Global is a partnership between Cleveland State University and Shorelight. The mission of the program is to immerse first-year international students (graduate and undergraduate) in the academic and cultural life of the university, help them integrate into campus life, and provide the support that increases their academic successes and likelihood of obtaining their degrees at Cleveland State University.
The Financial Operations Coordinator provides overall administrative and operational support to CSU Global. This role interacts with the program’s staff, university’s staff, and students. The Financial Operations Coordinator is the main point of contact for all students’ account inquiries. This role reports directly to the CSU Global Managing Director.
The Financial Operations Coordinator is customer service oriented and highly organized with strong attention to detail. He/She/They has excellent oral and written communication skills, is comfortable multitasking, changing priorities to fit business needs, and managing time efficiently.
Finance and Administrative Support
- Monitor CSU Global Finance inbox to address all student queries related to refunds, student account balances, statement of fees, and private loans and ensure the inboxes are organized and solutions are provided in timely manner
- Serve as the campus point of contact for students and others on billing and payment issues
- Process student payments into PaySimple and Flywire
- Evaluate student accounts for refund eligibility and work with students directly to obtain accurate and complete refund information
- Initiate student refunds
- Support the CSU Global team on all student-facing initiatives
- Support the CSU Global Managing Director in monitoring accounts receivable balances and conduct regularly scheduled meetings with applicable campus team members for analysis and to confirm holds or equivalents are in place
- Collaborate with Managing Director and Director, Partner Operations- Financial Operations on scheduled payment collection campaigns
- Prepare and submit sponsor billing
- Generate statement of fees for students on campus as requested
- Assist in confirmation of quarterly deposit revenue analysis and quarterly bad debt analysis
- Monitor misdirected payments between CSU Global and CSU and request transfer of funds when necessary
- Bachelor’s degree in business-related field or related years’ experience plus 1 year experience in finance or accounting OR Associate’s degree in business-related field or related years’ experience plus 3 year experience in finance or accounting
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, primarily Excel
- Eligibility to work and travel in the United States without sponsorship
- 1+ years of office management experience
- Experience with Salesforce, NetSuite, or similar Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software
- Experience working successfully with non-native English speakers
To apply for this position, please visit the Shorelight Careers page to submit an application with a resume and cover letter.
Background Check Required--Education, Criminal, Identity
Cleveland State Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer.