Shorelight is reinventing the international education experience for students worldwide. Based in Boston, the company works directly with top-ranked, nonprofit American universities to build innovative programs and high-touch, technology-driven services that help talented students thrive and become global citizens.
The Financial Operations Coordinator provides overall administrative and operational support to a portfolio of partnerships. This role interacts with the program’s staff, university’s staff, and students. The Financial Operations Coordinator is the main point of contact for all students’ account inquiries. This role reports to the Financial Operations Manager.
The Financial Operations Coordinator is customer service oriented who is highly organized with strong attention to detail. He/She/They has excellent oral and written communication skills, is comfortable multitasking, changing priorities to fit business needs, and manages time efficiently.
Finance and Administrative Support
- Monitor Finance inboxes to address all student queries related to refunds, student account balances, statement of fees, and private loans and ensuring the inboxes are organized and solutions are provided in timely manner
- Serve as the campus point of contact for students and others on billing and payment issues
- Process student payments into PaySimple and Flywire
- Evaluate student accounts for refund eligibility and work with students directly to obtain accurate and complete refund information
- Initiate student refunds
- Support the Financial Operations Manager in collaborating with partnership teams on all student-facing initiatives
- Support the Financial Operations Manager in monitoring accounts receivable balances and conduct regularly scheduled meetings with campus teams for analysis and to confirm holds or equivalents are in place
- Collaborate with Financial Operations Manager and Director, Partner Operations- Financial Operations on scheduled payment collection campaigns
- Prepare and submit sponsor billing
- Generate statement of fees for students on campus as requested
- Assist in confirmation of quarterly deposit revenue analysis and quarterly bad debt analysis
- Monitor misdirected payments between Shorelight Partnerships and Universities and request transfer of funds when necessary
- Bachelor’s degree in a business-related field
- 1+ years of experience in finance or accounting
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, primarily Excel
- Eligibility to work and travel in the United States without sponsorship
- 1+ years of office management experience
- Experience with Salesforce, NetSuite, or similar Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software
- Experience working successfully with non-native English speakers
To apply for this position, please visit the Shorelight Careers page to submit an application with a resume and cover letter.
Background Check Required--Education, Criminal, Identity
Shorelight is an Equal Opportunity Employer.