Hivos is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Finance Officer
The officer is responsible for the finance and administration and will assist the project manager in the implementation of the program. This includes maintaining oversight of financial and contractual compliance of a portfolio of grants, monitor and evaluate financial performance, compliance and risks of grantees. Tasks include ensuring that amongst others: payments are processed timely and correctly, ensure monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual budget comparisons are prepared and variance analysis reports provided.
- Overseeing finance and project administration of the Program and also maintaining oversight of financial and contractual compliance of partner grants.
- Undertake due diligence and capacity assessments of potential sub grantee partners.
- Review financial reports submitted by the sub grantee partners and make recommendations to the Program Manager for payments and further disbursements.
- Conduct onsite visits for expenditure verification of partner records.
- Performs financial inspections of project partners as needed.
- Ensure budget tracking, sound financial management, including programmatic budgeting, quarterly spending projections, monthly spending reviews, and monitoring of payments;
- Set up and implement the monitoring, evaluation and finance systems for partners and provides reports on financial progress of grantees.
- Assesses audited financial statements of projects and Program partners.
- Monitors monthly project spending prepares monthly financial reports and ensure budget comparisons are prepared and variance analysis reports provided
- Maintain proper records of all sub-award documents.
- Coordinate the program audit.
- Ensure all financial transactions are in accordance with the relevant grant agreement and are properly processed and correctly recorded in All Solutions.
- Ensure grants are administered in the Hivos systems.
- Document the highlights and agreements of key activities with partners and stakeholders.
- Level of professional and analytical ability: A holder of ACCA or a Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting/Finance option) or other relevant degree.
- Affinity with finances and administration.
- Have experiences in dealing with administration such as bidding documents, contracts, invoices, etc.
- Practical knowledge spreadsheet and working knowledge of an ERP environment.
- General Knowledge of ICT, MS Office.
- Minimum of 5 years relevant accounting experience, preferable in an international or donor organization.
- Experience in administering large amounts of information and surveys.
- Experience in grant management
- Ability to work in a financially complex international organization.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively; good command of oral and written English and Portuguese.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Professional discretion.
What we offer
Hivos offers a challenging position in an international environment.
The Regional office is based in Harare, Zimbabwe. This position will be based in Maputo, Mozambique. Hivos welcomes International & Regional applicants but can only offer a position to only those with a valid work permit for Mozambique. Hivos can only offer employment on local terms and conditions.
How to apply
Please apply before February 17 2022. If you meet the above-mentioned qualifications (please look carefully), you can apply to this vacancy by filling in a digital application form and adding a cover letter explaining your motivation and your CV.
You can find application form here**.**
Hivos is an international development organization guided by humanist values. Together with citizens and their organizations, we aim to contribute towards just, inclusive and life sustaining societies where people have equal access to opportunities, rights and resources. We work in partnership with others in the Middle East, Africa, Asia and Latin America on three impact areas: civic rights; gender equality, diversity and inclusion, and climate justice. Our approach is solution driven, and we build wider movements for change by amplifying and connecting voices.
More about Hivos at: www.hivos.org