Reporting to Director, Financial Decision Support & Insight – EMEA, the Finance Manager – EMEA is responsible for the financial activities of the Swiss and European entities and will support the Director for all administrative, accounting, reporting and planning aspects. Overall objective is to set-up and develop appropriate Finance functions in the region, which are capable to support local functions (Business Finance) and ensure legal accounting and reporting based on IFRS/US GAAP and internal policies.
Our ideal candidate will be a driven individual with high attention to detail and organization, and a positive “can-do” attitude.
1. Accounting & consolidation:
- Develop, enhance and execute accounting policies and procedures including month-end, quarter-end, and year-end cut-offs according to group guidelines, timing and due dates.
- Responsible for the Swiss entity accounting, reporting, audit support VAT/Taxes and manage the relationship with Banks, External Auditors, and other services providers.
- Support month-end financial close process of our European entities in collaboration with local teams ensuring integrity of the financial data according to both IFRS/US GAAP and local statutory accounting rules, accounts reconciliations and documentation as well.
- Perform Margins, P&L and Balance Sheet analysis and reviews together with local teams and EMEA Finance Director. Ensure know-how transfer towards new Finance staff at EMEA entities.
- Support consolidation tasks including inter-company eliminations, Stat to GAAP adjustments.
- Support local finance teams/service providers on a day-to-day basis in developing and maintaining their accounting system and processes, as well as developing proper cost accounting, analyzing actual manufacturing costs.
- Support finance related projects, i.e., ERP migration, internal and external audit requests, tax strategy planning, transfer pricing, M&A, feasibility studies etc.
- Provide support for all entities internal/external audit and tax requests.
- Support and train local Finance teams/local VPs/Directors to prepare management reporting for EMEA entities according to group guidelines.
- Perform deep-dive analysis to ensure the full understanding of discrepancies to budget/forecast.
- Ensure margins are explained by market including pricing, manufacturing costs, FY, product mix and labor analysis.
- Support the Finance Director in the preparation of monthly business reviews for EMEA.
- Provide support to the European VPs, including Commercial and Operations. (i.e., Pricing, Cost Controlling, Capex Reporting, HC Reporting,).
- Work closely with HQ based corporate controlling team.
- Support the Director to drive FP&A agenda including regular forecast updates and reviews.
- Business analysis, insight, and management analytical and decision support. Develop reporting tools to monitor business performance and pricing models.
- Enhance commercial reporting (Daily/Monthly) and for contracts, pricing, gross margin analysis.
- Support commercial with incentive plans design and monitoring.
- Work closely with HQ based Corporate FP&A.
- Key actor for new systems implementation (BI & planning tools, ERP…).
- Implement policies and procedures, cross functional processes, supervise controls, and ensure authorization matrix is applied. (i.e. monitoring of open POs in the region).
- Cash management/planning for Swiss entity in collaboration with VP Treasury.
- Metal exposure /market pricing monitoring for the region.
- Degree in Accounting and Finance.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience working within similar role in a multinational organization, preferably including a US multi-national.
- Solid knowledge of local GAAP requirements and regional financial knowledge would be an asset.
- Advanced Excel skills.
- Strong skills in finance IT tools such as Oracle, Power BI.
- Fluent English and German knowledge, French would be a strong asset.
- Attentive to details, proactive, flexible with strong organization skills.
- Ability to effectively collaborate, as well as work independently.
- Experienced problem solver with strong practice of process implementation.
Li-Cycle (NYSE: LICY) is on a mission to leverage its innovative Spoke & Hub Technologies™ to provide a customer-centric, end-of-life solution for lithium-ion batteries, while creating a secondary supply of critical battery materials. Lithium-ion rechargeable batteries are increasingly powering our world in automotive, energy storage, consumer electronics, and other industrial and household applications. The world needs improved technology and supply chain innovations to better manage battery manufacturing waste and end-of-life batteries and to meet the rapidly growing demand for critical and scarce battery-grade raw materials through a closed-loop solution. For more information, visit https://li-cycle.com/.
For more information, you can view Li-Cycle's corporate video here:
Li-Cycle is an equal opportunity employer committed to Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging. Individuals seeking employment at Li-Cycle are considered without regard to any protected category including but not limited to, race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, diverse-ability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
Li-Cycle is focused on providing a barrier free Recruitment & Selection process. We will focus on experience and skills and will not discriminate against candidates who have a disability or require an accommodation throughout the Recruitment & Selection process.
Interested candidates should apply to Li-Cycle directly by submitting their resume through the Li-Cycle Career's page. Please note that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.